GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does our Goverment poop on us?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dont just post "yes" and leave, I do acctually want your veiws and opinions on this one.

OK, my reasons for this post are related to something we all want but dont have enough of (no not sex) £££, yup money, and how our goverment distributes it. Before we start, I DO realise we have a very stable ecomony, but I still think a few changes could be made.

Lets look at our underpayed for starters. Firefighters, Paramedics. The two are public servers, they SAVE lives for gods sake! I mean these people put there ass's on the line to save others. They are expected to save the day, even though they are up against prank calls and false alarms every day. Does our goverment reward them for their work? Does if F**k! Money wise they can barely support bills, let alone provide for a family! Fire fighters are forced to get second jobs and paraedics/nurses all work ALOT of overtime, just to provide for themselves when they dedicate themselves to others! They do deserve more and they shouldnt have to strike to get it.

Now them, tax. 40%. 40% of all you earn (depending on what you earn i know it can be lower) fair dues, every country has tax, even if our countries is a little steeper than most. Then we loose a further 17.5% on EVERYTHING we buy/sell. Indeed every country has this, granted we are a little steep. Petrol, BLIMEY! No country pays half as much as us! Fair dues, but here's the clever part! If the goverment raise the cost of petrol by lets say 2p. not much I hear you say, well no it ist. But now, EVERYTHING that is sold anywhere increases in price, because the amount it costs to get it to where it is has gone up, so to cover the companies losses the price must go up. Very well, but now the 17.5% they get form EVERYTHING is vaued as more, meaning more prophits. Think about that.

Now then, whenever a conversation is made about money these guys come into it, footballers. These people make a living from kicking a ball about, fair enough its a form of entertainment, but what a living they make! They make more in a year than most make in a life time, do they save lives? Do they worry about providing for there families? No.

Now, I'm not a racist, but I have to say immigrants. We get people sneaking in and illegally living here, they have our worries to, buit people who apply to leave a country for political reasons, are brought over here, given a house and help with there morgage so they can make a living for themselfs...hold on, what about me? I've lived hear all my life, I'm doing your schooling and further education to get qualifications to get a job and get by and this guy just gets it all handed to him on a plate? Dont treat one how you would'nt treat another!

Finally, houses. House prices are ridiculous. When I get a full time job, I'm going to need to find the money to afford a morgage after I've forked out however much I have to every month just to get by.

Now, I'm only a 16 year old boy, a kid, but I know already that when I get older, things are going to get alot tougher and theres nothing I can do but try my hardest.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Im not pining house prices on the goverment, my point is things in life ARE expensive, and where do they expect us to find the money if where paying out tones to them?

Also, yes Emergency services should get more! I mean would you run into a burning building or know how to (profesionally) give someone an open heart massage? The training they endure should get them more.

And as for the petrol thing, I think that VERY sneaky!
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I've said before and I'll say again; the overwhelming majority of immigrants actually help to improve the economy. They're scapegoats for everything in this country not being perfect; they do NOT get it handed to them on a plate, and I'm astounded by how many people just believe that without doing any checking. That said, it's not entirely surprising seeing as both government and media will always blame a scapegoat rather than addressing the real issue (such as how maybe 20 years of tax cuts has sorta left our public services in the sh!thouse, and how Public-Private partnerships are bleeding us dry of public money)

Good post on the whole though; nice to see people trying to make sense of the world they live in. I enjoyed reading that.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:30
Regular
"relocated"
Mr Pínk wrote:
> Now, I'm not a racist, but I have to say immigrants. We get people
> sneaking in and illegally living here, they have our worries to, buit
> people who apply to leave a country for political reasons, are
> brought over here, given a house and help with there morgage so they
> can make a living for themselfs...hold on, what about me? I've lived
> hear all my life, I'm doing your schooling and further education to
> get qualifications to get a job and get by and this guy just gets it
> all handed to him on a plate? Dont treat one how you would'nt treat
> another!

Handed to him on a plate? Unlike a 16 year old who pays no taxes?

Asylum seekers come here because their lives are threatened/they've been imprisoned for no reason/their family has been killed. Presumably if YOU were tortured for your beliefs here then you would expect to be granted safe haven in another country? But, of course, your major beef with the world is 'waah waah waah, mummy, I want a new Playstation game' and you're lucky enough not to need it.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
So you want the government to increase spending on emergency services, and reduces taxes. Where are you expecting the money to come from to cover these losses? Remember than it our country our taxes go towards things that aren't provided in some other countries, such as the NHS.

I fail to understand your point about footballers in relation to government spending. Football wages aren't controlled by the governamet, and footballers pay tax on their wages just like the rest of us. If footballers are overpaid, that is not the governments fault.

Immigrants, and from the sound of it you are talking in partcular about asylum seekers, is always going to be a contraversal subject, but you have to remember that genuine asylum seekers are fleeing from persecution. There are always going to be people who try and abuse the system, but the government does its best to sort out the real asylum seekers from the fakers. Its not a job that I would want.

And don't forget that there are pleantly of people born in Britain who are happy to live of the governamet claiming income support and job seekers allowance, and living in council houses, weho are capable of earning their own living.

House prices are a result of the economy, I don't really think you can pin this one on the government either.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dont just post "yes" and leave, I do acctually want your veiws and opinions on this one.

OK, my reasons for this post are related to something we all want but dont have enough of (no not sex) £££, yup money, and how our goverment distributes it. Before we start, I DO realise we have a very stable ecomony, but I still think a few changes could be made.

Lets look at our underpayed for starters. Firefighters, Paramedics. The two are public servers, they SAVE lives for gods sake! I mean these people put there ass's on the line to save others. They are expected to save the day, even though they are up against prank calls and false alarms every day. Does our goverment reward them for their work? Does if F**k! Money wise they can barely support bills, let alone provide for a family! Fire fighters are forced to get second jobs and paraedics/nurses all work ALOT of overtime, just to provide for themselves when they dedicate themselves to others! They do deserve more and they shouldnt have to strike to get it.

Now them, tax. 40%. 40% of all you earn (depending on what you earn i know it can be lower) fair dues, every country has tax, even if our countries is a little steeper than most. Then we loose a further 17.5% on EVERYTHING we buy/sell. Indeed every country has this, granted we are a little steep. Petrol, BLIMEY! No country pays half as much as us! Fair dues, but here's the clever part! If the goverment raise the cost of petrol by lets say 2p. not much I hear you say, well no it ist. But now, EVERYTHING that is sold anywhere increases in price, because the amount it costs to get it to where it is has gone up, so to cover the companies losses the price must go up. Very well, but now the 17.5% they get form EVERYTHING is vaued as more, meaning more prophits. Think about that.

Now then, whenever a conversation is made about money these guys come into it, footballers. These people make a living from kicking a ball about, fair enough its a form of entertainment, but what a living they make! They make more in a year than most make in a life time, do they save lives? Do they worry about providing for there families? No.

Now, I'm not a racist, but I have to say immigrants. We get people sneaking in and illegally living here, they have our worries to, buit people who apply to leave a country for political reasons, are brought over here, given a house and help with there morgage so they can make a living for themselfs...hold on, what about me? I've lived hear all my life, I'm doing your schooling and further education to get qualifications to get a job and get by and this guy just gets it all handed to him on a plate? Dont treat one how you would'nt treat another!

Finally, houses. House prices are ridiculous. When I get a full time job, I'm going to need to find the money to afford a morgage after I've forked out however much I have to every month just to get by.

Now, I'm only a 16 year old boy, a kid, but I know already that when I get older, things are going to get alot tougher and theres nothing I can do but try my hardest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.