GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any anime fans out there?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/08/03 at 21:03
Regular
Hey.

What amime are you currently watching/enjoying?

Seen any decent anime films recently?

-------

I'll go first.

I'm currently watching Gundam Wing. Its truly excellent and is my fave so far.

I watched "Black Jack" the other day. Truly excellent movie about a doctor who is brought into a corporate Super-Human developing centre.
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:03
Regular
Hey.

What amime are you currently watching/enjoying?

Seen any decent anime films recently?

-------

I'll go first.

I'm currently watching Gundam Wing. Its truly excellent and is my fave so far.

I watched "Black Jack" the other day. Truly excellent movie about a doctor who is brought into a corporate Super-Human developing centre.
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:04
Regular
Try watching Cowboy Bebop i love it :)
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
At the moment I'm watching Burn Up , new ADV release, kinda cop/humour mad anime with nutty characters and pretty decent stories.

Just bought Read Or Die, and really really want Dirty Pair, and Vampire Princess Miyu.

Can't wait for Full Metal Panic, Voices of A Distant Star ( anyone reading this, do not buy the Region 1, it is screwed up :( ) and Chobits (not until 2004 damnint! )
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
§niper wrote:
> Try watching Cowboy Bebop i love it :)

Daft question, but what is it about ? Theres quite a few forthcoming region 2 releases of it so I'm interested, but too lazy to trawl the net...
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:17
Regular
only seen a few:

Akira : Great
Ninja Scroll : Great
Vampire Hunter : Good
Urotsikidoji 2 : Good
The Ultimate Teacher : Garbage
Ghost in the Shell : Great
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:18
Regular
oh yes, and

violence jack : weird but good
Tue 19/08/03 at 21:46
Regular
Akira is on Sci Fi channel soon.

I've heard Cowboy Bebop has been rated very highly.

Can't wait to watch Gundam Wing later.
Tue 19/08/03 at 23:53
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Watch Evangelion
It's currently on Sci-fi every saturday morning at 9am!
Wed 20/08/03 at 02:51
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> §niper wrote:
> Try watching Cowboy Bebop i love it :)
>
> Daft question, but what is it about ? Theres quite a few forthcoming
> region 2 releases of it so I'm interested, but too lazy to trawl the
> net...

Got this off some site because cant be bothered to explain at this time:

Cowboy Bebop can't be defined as a simple "anime". It's a real work of art. It has been carried out by an important cast of all-stars that has realized a lot of other projects and anime, like Gundam 0083 and Macross Plus.

It's set in a future (A.D. 2071) where earth's population has escaped to space. The story narrates in 26 sessions the adventures of the spaceship Bebop and of his crew of bounty hunters. The main character is Spike Spiegel, followed by Jet Black; during the various sessions will also join the crew Faye Valentine, Ed and the dog Ein.

The style of the anime is unforgettable. The design is wonderful, and there is a lot of functional computer-graphic. The soundtrack, composed by the marvellous Yoko Kanno, is incredible, infact every scene is marked in an unique way.

The style of the anime is unforgettable. The design is wonderful, and there is a lot of functional computer-graphic. The soundtrack, composed by the marvellous Yoko Kanno, is incredible, infact every scene is marked in an unique way.
Wed 20/08/03 at 09:08
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I watched Macross over the weekend. Its 36 episodes which makes it about 15 hours long, and its fantastic. If you can get your hands on a copy I really recommend it.

I also re-watched Perfect Blue, because its one of my favs, and I'm currently in the middle of re-watching Macross Plus.

I'm really tempted to get the Neon Genesis Evangelon box set for £55, sounds really interesting.

A quick question, do you watch your Anime in English of Jap with subtitles?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.