GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hussein boys dead?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/07/03 at 18:05
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3087121.stm

Well, maybe. I doubt it for some reason.

And part of me can't help but think it's all a ploy.
Fri 01/08/03 at 09:23
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yep, same bloke. He wrote a ton of stuff - famously he pitched the Sandman series to a UK comic publisher who told him where to put it, he took it to the US where DC Comics signed him up immediately.... his next major release, Endless Nights, is due out September.
Fri 01/08/03 at 04:57
Regular
"relocated"
Replying now probably tells you more about my self-destructive social habits than I would like, but anyway. I've not read any of Neil Gaiman's other comics, but I have read a kids book he wrote called Coraline (I presume it's the same bloke) which I thought was fantastic. One day when I'm feeling brave I'll buy the graphic novels.
Thu 31/07/03 at 18:29
Regular
Anyone here read Gaiman's Sandman series, or the Death spin offs ? Odds are if you like V and that kind of story then you'll love Sandman.
Thu 31/07/03 at 18:28
Regular
Ah, of course, I've read Extraordinary Gentlemen and heard of From Hell - it's the Jack The Ripper thing isn't it ? V definitely stands out as one of the most memorable graphic novels I've ever read.
Thu 31/07/03 at 18:11
Regular
"relocated"
Light wrote:
> From Hell is astounding too. And League of Extraordinary
> Gentleman...just don't let the pap that is the film (allegedly) put
> you off the comic.

I loved From Hell. It was the book that persuaded me that I didn't need to wear an ill-fitting lycra costume to enjoy comics. If you liked that then I'd recommend a book called Hawksmoor by Peter Ackroyd. There are fewer pictures because it's a novel, but it has the same sort of themes, basing a murder mystery around Hawksmoor, the closet satanist who designed the Spitalfields church etc that the mad doctor in From Hell loves so much. I remember it being quite scary. Amazon have 2nd-hand copies for 20p.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Practical Magic wrote:

>
> I've only ever read V by Alan Moore, I think, maybe I've read other
> stuff without realising it was him ?

Had you not read Watchmen? Or did I just repeatedly say "Readitreaditreadit...." and so on?

From Hell is astounding too. And League of Extraordinary Gentleman...just don't let the pap that is the film (allegedly) put you off the comic.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Shut up or I start talking about train drivers in the dark.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:54
Regular
Maybe we all took the red pill or something ? I've got no major mess up's to report, except a certain computer company screwed me over when fitting a soundcard (not Special Reserve, Dell), my scanner stopped working, and my eBay auctions are plagued by morons - which compared to most people's woes is pretty much minor stuff.

I've only ever read V by Alan Moore, I think, maybe I've read other stuff without realising it was him ?
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Must be the planets in alignment or something.

It's weird. Grix has his thing, you've just done quite possibly the stupidest thing ever since Adam said "This rib? Yeah alright, go on then God", Bell and I have been talking seriously about a subject and tossing ideas back and forth...something's not quite right.

I fully expect to wake up without my dick or something.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'd like to apologise to the rest of the forum for having an
> intelligent, reasonable discussion with Bell instead of pulling each
> other's hair and spitting like gay cats.

Heh. Oh I dunno...if Bell and I were to stick to the topic of, say, the comics of Alan Moore I suspect the results would be equally as lacking in the hairpulling stakes.

Incidentally, is it just me or does everyone on the forum seem to be going through a rough patch at the moment? I mean, I've been away for...what, a week? And on return I find Grix has a cancer scare and you've got stuff going on in your life that's making you wish for Nuclear Apocalypse in Ten Minutes...

Summer fun? My @rse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.