GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RAW Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/07/03 at 15:01
Regular
I've made a RAW thread which is basically for discussing what happens on RAW. Every week just talk about what happened on RAW, I never actually see that much talk about each show so I've decided to make this thread. Whatever you do PLEASE don't put any spoilers in or if you really have to do it after Friday Night.

I think this seems like a good idea but if you guys don't like it just let it die, however, if this works out I'll make a smackdown thread soon enough.
Page:
Sat 26/07/03 at 13:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Jericho vs HBK was once again great, although I'm a little disappointed Y2J didn't go over clean as is just being used to create a feud between HBK and Randy Orton.

But hey at least he got the victory.
Sat 26/07/03 at 10:51
Regular
Well another week gone and Kane's rampage continues.

If you ask me I wasn't really amazed by what he did since I'd seen it all before :( Nice to see the King get involved, GO KING! POW!

Yea...Oh, all you Triple H haters (oh, so many of you on this forum :P) should be happy since Goldberg says "he's next" and we all know HHH is gonna lose the title to the supposedly "unstoppable" Goldberg.

Lol, I actually enjoyed the bit I saw of Hurricane I saw, probably 'cause of Goldust, Rosey is a super hero in training - S**T

Well that's all I think, discuss :)
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:02
Regular
Heh, good stuff there LL. I don't like Hurricane myself but even I know that he's a nothing wrestler :P
Tue 22/07/03 at 13:56
Regular
"bWo > You"
CGJ wrote:
> I don't think rosey can do well without Jamal. He is like those
> nothing wretlers say like...hurrican or maven.
>
> NB:A heat thread might be good because sky show that now and a PPV
> thread.
> Also what does NB stand for?

NB: Note Bene (sp?) - Latin for take note.

Hurricane is far from a 'nothing wrestler', and for that matter, even Maven has a future.

Hurricane: Turn him heel (huge amount of heat for someone that's so easily liked) and make him go after 'Supercriminals', preferably face wrestlers. He needs ridiculous gimmick matches to utilise his amazing moveset, and needs to attack people randomly, giving each a reason for their beating (seen Se7en? Cast him as a John Doe-esque character, doing heinous things which are, in his mind, right) If you really want to utilise him, after a good 8-9 months of being a heel, make him turn against the establishment (WWE), saying it's evil and enslaving etc etc etc, huge face support, but another Austin-McMahon type scenario would have to be avoided. Get him sabotaging things, or, the old favourite, taking a show hostage. Then he's upper-midcard at least, and see where you go from there.

Maven: After dropkicking Taker out of the Royal Rumble, this guy hasn't really done anything eye-grabbing at all. The crucial thing for Maven, as with any Tough Enough winner, is that he must prove himself to the company, to earn other wrestlers' respect. That Triple H match on Heat was a good start, but it needs to go further. Have him come out every Raw, setting a challenge to everyone in the back. He loses for a few weeks straight, but he keeps on coming back. Soon, he's scraping victories, afterwards he'll be winning by a good margin. Let the audience see Maven imrpove in front of them, and then use this respect that the crowd has to make Maven a crowd-pleasing cocky character, capable of winning matches against bigger fish. And so on and so forth...

NB: I do apologise to all concerned for the Your Shout nature of this post, but I'm not leting Hurricane get disrespected just because he's not utilised well.
Tue 22/07/03 at 13:32
Regular
A hurri lover should have something to say about that!
Mon 21/07/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I don't think rosey can do well without Jamal. He is like those nothing wretlers say like...hurrican or maven.

NB:A heat thread might be good because sky show that now and a PPV thread.
Also what does NB stand for?
Mon 21/07/03 at 14:24
Regular
Yeah, I guess but maybe if they layed off those high flying moves and were more ground based, like Rikishi, there wouldn't have been complaints.
Mon 21/07/03 at 13:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
To be honest both Rosey and Jamal looked a little sloppy in the ring and you can't have it when you're 300lb+ guys and you're doing frog splashes.

I think they fired the right guy though.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:50
Regular
"..."
Jamal was fired due to a number of wrestlers complaining about him working too stiffly. (For the uninitiated, this means he was wrestling dangerously and actually hurting other wrestlers)
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
A_Spoon wrote:
> when did jamal get fired and why did he

Jamal got fired about 1 month ago. I don't really know why. Personally, I thought he was a better wrestler than Rosey...

Happy? :D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.