GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to live in America! I want to live in America! and so on however the song goes..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 21:10
Regular
Anyway as you've probably guessed I want to live in America when I am older. The UK is far too conservative for my likings. New York has things on the High Street that aren't even legal here! Not to mention the fact that their are brilliant work opportunities if you have the right connections, enough money to get started and have a plan to achieve your goals. I really wish I lived in America...

Unfortunately they have strict anti-immigration laws and the only way I can think of to get a work permit in America is to either learn all their history and pass a citizenship test or to marry an American. At least I am a good candidate (W.A.S.P = White Anglo-Saxon Protestant).

What do you all think? How many of you would kill to live in America?:D
Thu 17/07/03 at 00:09
Regular
"8==="
And yes I realise the irony of greatly simplifying my views on American culure. :)
Thu 17/07/03 at 00:07
Regular
"8==="
Ok time for why I don't want to live there. (beware big generalisations coming up based on experiences).

Having been to the states I found most Americans were just big kids, big kids with the right to own a gun.

Knowing me I would get shot.

Company's have affected Americas day to day living and eating habits in such away that I wouldn't want to go there.

Their food is full of dangerous crap.

Trying to find someone to have an intelligent conversation with takes quite a while.

How do you use a decent level of reason with pigheaded stupid people?

Pledge of allegiance at school? Nuff said. :(
Thu 17/07/03 at 00:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im moving to florida for my retirement.
Wed 16/07/03 at 23:56
Regular
She was born in Georgia and now lives in California.
Wed 16/07/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Twenty quid."
RoJ wrote:
> Kiriyama wrote:
> I'm staying in Britain. I'm xenaphobic.
>
> Which is??

If you're 'xenaphobic' then you're scared of foreigners.
Wed 16/07/03 at 23:01
Regular
Is she actually American or did she just move over there?
Wed 16/07/03 at 22:58
Regular
Well that's up to you.

Personaly I was tihnking of the girl I've been dating for the pastr 4 years.
Wed 16/07/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
How many Americans do you know in Britain? Even if you met one on holiday how many woman are willing to get married after knowing someone for a couple of weeks.
Wed 16/07/03 at 22:27
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Preferably a good looking one.
Wed 16/07/03 at 22:14
Regular
Well I havne't applied yet because I have sixth form to go through.

Obviously you're going to need some sort of visa/green card or something, but I tihnk you could probably work that out with the university or something.

But yeah, when I'm ready to start looking I'll just contact a university or get my dad to find out what sort of process I have to go through.

Failing that, marry an American.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.