GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why ps2 is not so great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 23:52
Regular
hi am am ben and i am new to this site...anyways, i would like to comment on my views of the ps2.

why the hell is this machine £300 in the first place...its 128 bit graphics ..EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE DREAMCAST( which u can get for a nifty £149.99 with a couple of games thrown in..might i add )

there are no games on the ps2 superior to the dreamcast in any form or manor. I would like to hear everyones comment on a game on the ps2 having better graphics than that of soul calibur or doa2 or shenmue...and im sure i will!!!

oh yes u say......"but the ps2 has a dvd player"....ok...u can get a package with the dreamcast where u get a seperate classy dvd for £249.99

Also the dreamcast supports 60 hz televisions making it untouchable to the likes of the ps2..... bring it on
Sat 10/02/01 at 18:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm sick of replying to these messages that say the same thing!!

You guys all know I'm an avid PS2 fan, and I get sick of hearing the "You can get a DC with DVD Player for £249.99," and "There are no games superior to the Dreamcast's".

For a start, the PS2 DVD is as good as a dvd player worth £300, and the DVD with a Dreamcast will not be as good.

Also, the Dreamcast will be stopping production soon!! I would like a DC, but I'm not getting one due to this.

And my answer to the last excuse: WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!! The PS2's been out a few months here, the Dreamcast's been out over 2 years!!!
Also, TTT, in my opinion, kicks Soul Caliber's @ss, you can get DOA2 on PS2, and the new FF game on PS2 is likely to be as good as Shenmue.

Also, developers have really taken the Dreamcast to the limiy now, while the PS2 has only just started!!

With games like GT3, Final Fantasy, ZOE and MGS2 to come, the PS2 will not be one to disappoint.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 10/02/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I want to know everything that you know about the Pace, because I cannot find anything on it anywhere. So, what's the news?
Sat 10/02/01 at 15:28
Ben - 'XACTLY THE SAME AS THE DREAMCAST' I think maybe the PS2 can't even hold a candle (metaphorically) to the Dreamcast. Jet Set Radio looks impressive too.
Sat 10/02/01 at 15:26
I'm going to have to get Soul Calibur again - I sold it recently as I was in need of cash but the game is so great - and it'll look stunning on my new TV which I haven't got yet :(!! Also, will games companies be developing for the sega/pace machine? Or not...?
Sat 10/02/01 at 15:24
Well, I wonder why SR haven't put the GameCube in their magazine - they're taking pre-orders for the XBox, and so I reckon it'll be out before Game Cube. I can see GBA doing well (I'm getting one!!) and I can see the Dreamcast selling very highly this year at such a great price. But I think the PS2 maybe just a mere pebble for Microsoft to kick out of the way, the XBox will be the machine to beat.

Anyhow, Half Life is going to do well in terms of sales, and hopefully ease Sega's financial suffering!

Sat 10/02/01 at 14:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I wonder if we would be having this conversation if Sony had released 4,000,000 PS2 consoles on its first launch day? 4 million 'working' consoles that is.

I think that if they had done that, the DC may not have got its second wind like it did. (I'm very pleased with my new DC by the way, thanks to you guys for recommending it.)

I think Nintendo and Microsoft now have learnt valuable lessons from the PS2 launch, and I don't think that they will be making the same mistakes. If anything, they will hold back the launches until they are well and truly ready to crush all before them.

Will the DC survive it? I hope so, I don't want to see Sega leave the hardware market and go into software development, I'll miss them seeing as they've been with me for the best part of my gaming life.
Sat 10/02/01 at 13:29
How many PS2 have been sold in the UK compared to Dreamcast? If this were the Saturn versus the Playstation Sony's machine would be running away by now, but I think people are more open minded and can actually put the past behind them (if they got a saturn), Dreamcast is more alive than PS2, and will be re-incarnated in that new Sega/oPace device that is sure to sell well. Anyway, back to the games, well I've won PSO - maybe I'll be trying the Online capabilities once more of the World's greatest gamesole.

Shenmue - the worst thing about is that you cannot buy a football and play it, however if you're really good at the arcade games then you could be playing your Sega Saturn (that's under the TV) before you know it :)
Sat 10/02/01 at 12:45
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Ps2 is not so good because it has no new or innovitive games, whereas even the good old N64 has innovation even now (look at Zelda: Majoras Mask, and then cry, all you Sony fanboys).
Sat 10/02/01 at 02:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know what you mean :-)

Its almost like an alternate life. You do things in the game that people do in everyday life. Its one of those rare games players are graced with. With all these games out, there are very few that have a real vision in their games. Its almost an insult to them that companies can just throw any old crap together and sell it for the same price as these rare masterpieces.

Don't worry - i'll keep my nasty fighting knowledge to myself ;-))

Sat 10/02/01 at 02:23
I don't even wanna know how...

But Shenmue - a game that is so graphically advanced - nothing can touch it and yet its so much more than a visual splendour, it's like a whole new life - a virtual pre planned life that will go the way the games designer made it, but its amazing...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.