GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why ps2 is not so great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 23:52
Regular
hi am am ben and i am new to this site...anyways, i would like to comment on my views of the ps2.

why the hell is this machine £300 in the first place...its 128 bit graphics ..EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE DREAMCAST( which u can get for a nifty £149.99 with a couple of games thrown in..might i add )

there are no games on the ps2 superior to the dreamcast in any form or manor. I would like to hear everyones comment on a game on the ps2 having better graphics than that of soul calibur or doa2 or shenmue...and im sure i will!!!

oh yes u say......"but the ps2 has a dvd player"....ok...u can get a package with the dreamcast where u get a seperate classy dvd for £249.99

Also the dreamcast supports 60 hz televisions making it untouchable to the likes of the ps2..... bring it on
Fri 03/04/09 at 18:23
Regular
"AKA: MuMtOuChEr"
Clanbase is coming so what that means to you is.

If you want to play in one of the teams were arranging you need to get yourself a clanbase account.

Once you have an account setup follow the clanbase instructions to get your GUID or "punkbuster ID" registered to your account.

Once thats done post here with your user name and one of the clan admins will make sure your added to the clans team and confirm that your all set up and ready to go.

Then its simply a case of watching the forums regularly to catch up with match dates and time.

Could'nt be simpler.

Any questions let us know and we'll be only to happy to help you out.
Fri 03/04/09 at 18:21
Regular
"AKA: MuMtOuChEr"
Clanbase is coming so what that means to you is.

If you want to play in one of the teams were arranging you need to get yourself a clanbase account.

Once you have an account setup follow the clanbase instructions to get your GUID or "punkbuster ID" registered to your account.

Once thats done post here with your user name and one of the clan admins will make sure your added to the clans team and confirm that your all set up and ready to go.

Then its simply a case of watching the forums regularly to catch up with match dates and time.

Could'nt be simpler.

Any questions let us know and we'll be only to happy to help you out.
Tue 13/02/01 at 08:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Ant - here's an a-f for you.

a) The Dreamcast will be having a
> lot of games still made for it after march - in fact the 100 figure
> is for Mostly Sega games.

b) If I have said to get a DC then
> everyone who has followed my 'advice' has been happy with their
> machine. It still is best value product on the market and has a much
> bigger backlog of superb games.

c) You uncle got ripped
> off.

d) £300 any day. Everyone was saying how £300
> was expensive, and it still is.

e) Remember this
> '//////////////////' ?

f) PS2 will have a sequel. Dreamcast
> won't. And this IS a good thing.

Bye!

Look, sorry I had a go at you.

You have your own opinion, and I respect that. Yeah, I would like a Dreamcast, but with the games I've got at the moment, and the games that are coming up, I'm glad I chose the PS2.
Yeah, it has more better games, but it's been out for a much longer time.

Also, you can ask anyone on the PS2 Forum, and quite a few other people about the DVD, and they'll say it's as good as £300. On some people's it is green or whatever, but I don't care, as mine seems to play just fine. And anyway, I didn't get the PS2 for DVD, that was just an added bonus.

Yes, I do remember ////////////////, and alot of fun it was as well. I seem to remember you were really looking forward to Sega Bass Fishing back then. {:)

I've actually played on quite a few DC games, as on Sunday nights, I go to a youth club, where they bring a Dreamcast and a PSOne in. I've played on Jet Set Radio, Sega Bass Fishing, Quake 3, Soul Caliber, Virtua Tennis and a few more. Most of them are great games apart from Fishing, which I got bored of, and Quake 3, which I didn't think was as good as the PC Version.

Yes, the PS2 will have a sequel. Even better. But hopefully not for a while. The Dreamcast won't, but Sega will still be bringing out another console soon-ish.

Tue 13/02/01 at 07:44
Ant - here's an a-f for you.

a) The Dreamcast will be having a lot of games still made for it after march - in fact the 100 figure is for Mostly Sega games.

b) If I have said to get a DC then everyone who has followed my 'advice' has been happy with their machine. It still is best value product on the market and has a much bigger backlog of superb games.

c) You uncle got ripped off.

d) £300 any day. Everyone was saying how £300 was expensive, and it still is.

e) Remember this '//////////////////' ?

f) PS2 will have a sequel. Dreamcast won't. And this IS a good thing.

Bye!
Mon 12/02/01 at 23:45
Regular
Ortega`s right you know. Sorry, even though I`m a PS2 fan, I have to agree.
Mon 12/02/01 at 23:22
Regular
Ant wrote:

Well, at least my console will be still
> be making games after March!!

what the hell u talking about. they are producing 100 games this year for the DC.

Mon 12/02/01 at 22:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
SonicRav wrote:
> God! Such an unoriginal topic.. I'll stand by ant on this. I have a
> DC and have always been the first to praise it, but still! Son't dis
> the PS2... at the end of the day, the games matter...

The DC has
> the best game sfor now.... but for how long. Production stops soon,
> and I doubt it'll be supported anywhere near as much as the PS2.
> Menawhile, the PS2 is getting great games this year- MGS2,
> FFsomething, and LOADS OF SEGA GAMES! That's why I'm now considering
> buying one... I love sega games, and I'll probably end up following
> them.

As for all the other DC owneres, if Sega concentrate on the
> PS2 after the DC dies, then u too should buy a PS2... it's all about
> the games remember!

SonicRav

I agree. Although, the Sega games will be great, but their is also an large number of brilliant games to come, not made by Sega.

I'm afraid the PS2 has the advantage, me thinks.
Mon 12/02/01 at 22:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> For a start, the PS2 DVD is as good as a dvd player worth
> £300, and the DVD with a Dreamcast will not be as good.
>

Ant GET REAL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING?

The PS2 DVD is
> as good as a £300 player? STOP TALKING OUT YOUR ****. Look,
> just accept it that until you play on a Dreamcast and use the Encore
> DV-450 your 'facts' will always stay 'your' facts and no oone
> else's. Just accept that the PS2 has been messed up completely - if
> you want to believe what you say then great, no one else is such a
> fool.

Dan

Hmmmm...

Well, at least my console will be still be making games after March!!

Also, the PS2 IS AS GOOD AS A £300!!!!!!! SO NO, WHY DON'T YOU STOP TALKING OUT OF YOUR @RSE!!

My Uncle has a £300 DVD Player, and he says they're exactly the same.
Also, it seems as though people such as pb agree with me, as he tested it.

I have played a DC, and yeah it's good, but in a couple of years the PS2 will be loads better.

I know what I'm missing, but you obviously don't. I expect you've hardly ever played on a PS2.

Also, me? fool?? I'm not the person who stuck up for Sega and the DC, saying how great it was and how good it will be in the next few years. But wait, look, it seems as though the Dreamcast will soon be DEAD. That's it D-E-A-D, DEAD!!

Look, just 'cos your beloved Sega mucked up the Dreamcast, it doesn't mean Sony will do the same.

Okay, Sony's launch wasn't brilliant, but who cares!?!? It's the future that counts.

So in a years time, when the PS2 is ruling the gaming market, with brilliant games like MGS2, don't expect any sympathy of guys like me.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 12/02/01 at 10:26
Regular
"not dead"
***[email protected]*** wrote:

Anyway i'm sure sega have got another
> console up their sleave.

I don't think so. Not yet. They've lost the shirt off their back at the moment, they don't even have sleeves!

If they didn't have such a great gaming tradition behind them they'd be well and truely finished.

If they went on to release another console that flopped (even if it is great), they'd lose so much more money, and they'd have to call it a day.

Going multi-platform was a very desperate measure, and I'm sure they didn't really want to do it, but they need the money!
Sun 11/02/01 at 23:46
Methinks Sony has been lying to hide their embarrasment - monkeys had taken over the PS2 production warehouse...

that was from Gameplay.com (the previous post)...

DVD one with DC is amazing Er-No. Very stylish, and its sitting right next to me now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.