GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why ps2 is not so great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 23:52
Regular
hi am am ben and i am new to this site...anyways, i would like to comment on my views of the ps2.

why the hell is this machine £300 in the first place...its 128 bit graphics ..EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE DREAMCAST( which u can get for a nifty £149.99 with a couple of games thrown in..might i add )

there are no games on the ps2 superior to the dreamcast in any form or manor. I would like to hear everyones comment on a game on the ps2 having better graphics than that of soul calibur or doa2 or shenmue...and im sure i will!!!

oh yes u say......"but the ps2 has a dvd player"....ok...u can get a package with the dreamcast where u get a seperate classy dvd for £249.99

Also the dreamcast supports 60 hz televisions making it untouchable to the likes of the ps2..... bring it on
Sun 11/02/01 at 03:05
Yeah your right and better games, whats Shenmue like?? i've never played it before, i reckon the FF series are a good set of games and thoroughly enjoy playing them
Sun 11/02/01 at 03:00
RIGHT decision but it has MORE games and BETTER games. Snakey styler!

FF compared to Shenmue? Are you living on the same planet? Well you probably aren't because I'm convinced it's New Year 1987...
Sun 11/02/01 at 02:53
I have both a DREAMCAST and PS2 and at the moment i would say that the DREAMCAST is a better console but only because it has more games
Sun 11/02/01 at 02:49
Sorry to seem superfluous, but your comments seem ridiculous Ant. TTT is poor. Just play Soul Calibur - Namco obviously haven't managed to get passed the army of PS2 bugs quite yet have they.

Sun 11/02/01 at 02:47
For a start, the PS2 DVD is as good as a dvd player worth £300, and the DVD with a Dreamcast will not be as good.

Ant GET REAL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING?

The PS2 DVD is as good as a £300 player? STOP TALKING OUT YOUR ****. Look, just accept it that until you play on a Dreamcast and use the Encore DV-450 your 'facts' will always stay 'your' facts and no oone else's. Just accept that the PS2 has been messed up completely - if you want to believe what you say then great, no one else is such a fool.

Dan
Sat 10/02/01 at 22:01
Regular
I like both. (And peanut butter)
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:58
Regular
"Why the PS2 isn't great"

Forget the PS2, what about Games full stop!
Sat 10/02/01 at 20:28
Regular
The PS2 on is supposed to be able to do it somewhere, because its on the demo.
Sat 10/02/01 at 19:42
Regular
ahh yes but the dvd player u get with the DC plays mp3's.
Sat 10/02/01 at 19:27
Regular
Hell yeah, does it matter, if it is more powerful or has 4 control ports? No but the N64 is always there to play on, but no super graphics that you would expect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.