GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New line speeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/03/09 at 21:47
Regular
Hi,

Has anyone seen their new ADSL2+ line speeds take effect yet?

I say this because my router is still showing the 8Mb sync rates and its almost 10pm.

Thanks,

Neil
Tue 21/04/09 at 14:11
Regular
I'll keep an eye on the stats.

I was just concerned at the old throughput rates still applying.

N.
Tue 21/04/09 at 13:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Your regrade has only just gone through. You may need to give it a couple of days for things to settle down. Profile changes can take a while to be fed back to the radius server but sometimes BT's doesn't send an IP profile update through. As your line sync speed may still improve then the profile could be updated in a couple of hours or a day or so. If it doesn't then we ask for the profile to be sorted out for you.
Tue 21/04/09 at 13:41
Regular
My 'straight line' distance from the exchange is 312 metres according to 'Samknows'.

N.
Tue 21/04/09 at 13:28
"Are you sure?"
Looks like you've got a nice line there :¬)
(I wish my exchange was closer!!!)

It looks like the 'profile' at Freeola's end needs a kick - seems to be happening for quite a few people in your situation.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 21/04/09 at 12:55
Regular
I got new stats today for my line:

(from BT Speedtester)
IP Profile 14000k

(From router)
Data Rate 16473 440
Noise Margin 6 29
Output Power 125 202
Attenuation 37 14

(from speedtest.net)
Throughput 6.41 0.36

This doesn't seem right to me. Is there anything I should do at my end to kick in the high speed?

Neil
Mon 20/04/09 at 23:18
Regular
Awesome.

Many thanks for your continued support.

N.
Mon 20/04/09 at 22:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Good news! I have managed to get a switch to ADSL2+ done on your line. This should be completed sometime tomorrow!
Sun 19/04/09 at 09:32
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
> Will do.
>
> I wonder if its possible for you to update the network status
> page, just so I can stay bang up-to-date (without having to ask
> here), and if the problem shows as resolved and I don't get
> going, I can then try a reboot.
>
> N.

FYI - Normal service was resumed at approx. 2.30 am.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 18/04/09 at 23:40
Regular
Will do.

I wonder if its possible for you to update the network status page, just so I can stay bang up-to-date (without having to ask here), and if the problem shows as resolved and I don't get going, I can then try a reboot.

N.
Sat 18/04/09 at 23:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No leaving the router on should be fine. It should keep trying to authenticate, so when BT fix the problem you should magically get a green light!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.