GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New line speeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/03/09 at 21:47
Regular
Hi,

Has anyone seen their new ADSL2+ line speeds take effect yet?

I say this because my router is still showing the 8Mb sync rates and its almost 10pm.

Thanks,

Neil
Sat 25/04/09 at 22:48
Regular
Many thanks.

I'll watch the numbers and see what happens.

N.
Sat 25/04/09 at 22:28
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It is possible that your line is still retraining but from your stats it looks as though you upload speed has sorted itself out. As ADSL2+ is rate adaptive, like ADSL1, you can expect fluctuations in sync speed and throughput due to factors such as electrical interference (which can increase in the evening, and is one reason why some lines resync in the evening). You stats aren't too bad. I would suggest trying to leave your connection alone for a good week or so to let everything settle down, although you may find that with higher syncs come more instability, in which case we can adjust the stability of you line. However this will result in a slightly lower sync speed.
Sat 25/04/09 at 17:10
Regular
Today I noticed my stats nosedive overnight.

Highest stats Today's stats

IP: 14000k ** IP: 11000k **
Data Rate: 16700 888 ** Data Rate: 13338 888 **

Noise Margin: 6 14 Noise Margin: 12 14
Output Power: 128 202 Output Power: 125 205
Attenuation: 37 14 Attenuation: 37 14

Thru/p: 13.43 0.74 ** Thru/p: 10.74 0.74 **

Is my line still retraining? Will my line recover to at least the first stats above?

Nothing has physically changed equipment-wise locally at my end.

Neil
Wed 22/04/09 at 14:31
Regular
Many thanks.

N.
Wed 22/04/09 at 13:56
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It's my understanding that BT do not rate limit ADSL1 or ADSL2+ connections on WBC (Wholesale Broadband Connect 21CN enabled lines), so upstream sync could go up to or above 1Mbps. It certainly seems that you upload rate is stuck as the old 448k rate so give a couple of days and if things are still the same I will try and get you profile sorted out.
Wed 22/04/09 at 09:35
Regular
t1mmie wrote:
> I'm fairly sure

Not positive :)

Eccles and ncrs know more about this than me anyway so they'll be able to shed some light.
Wed 22/04/09 at 09:27
Regular
That's what I thought.

N.

Hmmm... wrote:
>
> That wasn't my understanding after asking about upload speeds
> and Freeola's new packages?!
>
> The 21CN (ADSL1/2+) upstream is
> not capped in the same manner as ADSL, and can go as high as 1100
> depending on the line speed and quality.
Wed 22/04/09 at 09:11
"Are you sure?"
t1mmie wrote:
> I'm fairly sure that upload speeds will remain the same. Our
> VIP Broadband
> offers faster speeds though :)

That wasn't my understanding after asking about upload speeds and Freeola's new packages?!

ncrs(Freeola) said: Thread: New Packages
"Upstream won't be increasing on standard ADSL lines, as we are restricted to either 448 or 832 (depending on whether on a office tariff or a home tariff). The 21CN (ADSL1/2+) upstream is not capped in the same manner as ADSL, and can go as high as 1100 depending on the line speed and quality. From a package point of view, we will not be distinguishing from customers on a ADSL1, ADSL1 on a 21CN exchange and ADSL2+ on a 21CN exchange, but from a technical angle I believe that our customers already on 21CN exchanges should already be getting upload speeds of up to 1000."

But after reading it again, I'm still not sure what the Freeola plan is! :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 22/04/09 at 08:48
Regular
I'm fairly sure that upload speeds will remain the same. Our VIP Broadband offers faster speeds though :)
Tue 21/04/09 at 20:53
Regular
I've noticed my Download sync rate is slowly increasing (currently 16596Kb), but my Upload sync rate is still static at 440.

My throughput has started to respond with 12-13Mb.

Should my upload sync rate and throughput increase during the retraining period, as well as the download rates?

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.