GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New line speeds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/03/09 at 21:47
Regular
Hi,

Has anyone seen their new ADSL2+ line speeds take effect yet?

I say this because my router is still showing the 8Mb sync rates and its almost 10pm.

Thanks,

Neil
Mon 30/03/09 at 21:47
Regular
Hi,

Has anyone seen their new ADSL2+ line speeds take effect yet?

I say this because my router is still showing the 8Mb sync rates and its almost 10pm.

Thanks,

Neil
Tue 31/03/09 at 00:29
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The new ADSL2+ speeds only effect those who are lucky enough to be connected to an exchange that has been upgraded to BT's 21CN network. See here for a list of exchanges. If you are on a 21CN exchange then you line must have been switched to ADSL2+ and your router must be configured to use ADSL2+. Having ADSL2+ does not necessarily mean a higher speed. Like standard ADSL, ADSL2+ is effected by your line quality and distance from the exchange. Those with lower ADSL sync speed will see the smallest improvement unfortunately.
Tue 31/03/09 at 01:14
Regular
My exchange is showing as having already been upgraded, and I live a matter of feet away from the exchange.

I have a Belkin N Wireless Router (via ethernet).

My router admin page stats currently show:

Data Rate: 8128 448
Noise Margin: 10 27
Output Power: 122 199
Attenuation: 26 14

I would assume these stats would be incorrect for the regraded line, as I shouldn't be syncing at 8128/448.

I powered the router down earlier for over 20 minutes but this made no difference.

Your adsl checker page is still showing 'existing' upto 8mb, 'coming soon' expected adsl2+ upto 16Mb.
Tue 31/03/09 at 10:00
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,

I've just looked at you account and the switch over the 21CN is showing as pending, so it is going through but will take a week or so providing everything goes smoothly.
Tue 31/03/09 at 19:31
Regular
Thankyou for that.

Neil
Thu 02/04/09 at 06:46
Regular
I forgot to ask...

Is there a way I can lookup my current circuit?

Thanks.

N.
Fri 03/04/09 at 07:17
Regular
I'll take the deafening silence as a 'no' then.

N
Fri 03/04/09 at 13:27
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If you need a quick response the best thing is to raise a support ticket. We do monitor and reply on these forums when we can so sorry for not responding quickly.

When you are asking about your circuit what further information do you need? If you mean line statistics (suc as sync rate, attenuation and SNR) then these can usually be viewed using your routers web interface.
Fri 03/04/09 at 15:40
Regular
No probs, I do appreciate this is an unofficial channel.

I was referring to me being able to view online if I am still 20CN or 21CN.

Thanks.

N.
Fri 03/04/09 at 18:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I can confirm that as of today you are on 21CN although you are still using ADSL1. I have a put a request through for your account to be switched to ADSL2+.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.