GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the new Union Flag?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/06/03 at 16:39
Regular
Follow this link to see the new proposed Union Flag, to bring the UK into the modern era.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2981038.stm

I think it's wrong to change such a huge piece of our history. Views?
Thu 12/06/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity Get me outta here, rubbish food, snobbish class system, godawful weather, pram-faced teen mums, lowest holiday rate per annum in Europe...the usual
Thu 12/06/03 at 16:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Skarra wrote:
> It's not only the NF and
> racists who hold this flag up, it's everybody who cares about their
> nation, not the race's in it, but what it stands for!

And what does it stand for?
Thu 12/06/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> How many of you actually gave a crap about the Union Jack before
> someone threatened to change it? I see no problem here, if they want
> to change it to represent the multi-cultural nature of our country,
> where's the beef?
>
> It's a flag. No one cares.

For your information, i did give a crap about the flag. When it was on the news being burned in the middle east, both recent and a while ago, i wasn't sitting there saying, i don't care, as long as they don't change it. Plus, it's a way of expressing our patriotism. If the UK did somethin' good, the flag would be shown. It's not only the NF and racists who hold this flag up, it's everybody who cares about their nation, not the race's in it, but what it stands for!
Thu 12/06/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Captain .S. Pointy wrote:
> let's steal japan's flag. They can't fight back.

Wrong, again. What do you think the Japanese Self Defence (JSDF) Force is, eh ?
Thu 12/06/03 at 10:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
How many of you actually gave a crap about the Union Jack before someone threatened to change it? I see no problem here, if they want to change it to represent the multi-cultural nature of our country, where's the beef?

It's a flag. No one cares.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
let's steal japan's flag. They can't fight back.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Skarra wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> I think its quite sad the effort has to be made.
>
> The effort doesn't have to be made. It's just some sad people with no
> sense of tradition. Nothin' wrong with the flag at the moment, why the
> juice should it be changed?!

Alright, thats what I meant.

I think its quite sad that the effort has been made
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:25
Regular
We could just whack the EU Flag on the ships, has to be good for something...
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:02
"I love yo... lamp."
Cause then we couldn't have ships.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:00
Regular
Why don't we just have no flag at all ?

The only time we see the flag is in the hands of racists, when our overpaid and over indulged footballers actually play football, and one the shoulders of our military.

What once had meaning has had it's meaning lost, destroyed.

Yes, it was what a generation fought to keep back in World War 2, but ask anyone still alive from that generation and odds are they'll tell you they wouldn't do the same now if they were young again.

Tell me, anyone, what is their to make anyone proud of the UK flag now ? Our high taxes ? Our legal system which privileges criminals over victims ? Our poverty rate ? Many of our pensioners who fought for this country living afraid and barely making ends meet ? The hatred many share for those whose only crime it is to seek a new life here ?

And woe betide anyone who actually wants to address those problems, because all we care about now is blame, whose fault it is. And just when we actually start to address an issue, most lose interest because the latest reality tv show\create a stupid pop icon program is on.

Say what you want about asylum seekers, but to them our flag is still something to aspire to, they see something in it that we do not.

As far as I can see, doesn't matter how anyone changes the flag, it's not the image that gives it meaning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.