GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy The Vampire Slayer hits the theatres!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 17:29
Regular
Wouldn't you want to go to something like that?!?! I think I should propose that one of the theatres in Edinburgh acts out that all singing all dancing episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. You're allowed to do that as long as you pay liberties aren't you? That'd be great, hard to find someone as fit as Sarah Michelle Gellar though. Anyway this post was written on impulse and nothing will come of it but I just want to see how many people would like to see that. **Gets note pad** GO!
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think it could have been better. I thought we'd seen too much of the school all ready and since they split everyone up, Willow didn't use her big bad powers, Angel didn't take part etc it was a bit, you know, repetitive. There was nothing really special about it. We'd already seen Buffy and the potentials fight so the only real difference was their new powers and the situation. I was actually more excited when they found the Vin Yard and fought down there. It was a new place with new dangers, MUCH better:D
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
It was superb.

You just regret the ending because you know its the final one.
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:35
Regular
Manda†are wrote:
> What actually happened to "the one" in the last episode?
> Buffy said get out of my face and that was the last we seen of it.

--

That's true, they didn't even bother.

"Aha, we collapsed Sunnydale on top of the First! It must be dead!"
"It's not corporeal."
"Oh. So we've done what?"
"Destroyed a town and got Anya killed, pretty much."
"Damn. What about Spike."
"Oh, he gets the girlies watching for his body. We'll stick him on Angel and ruin that show too."
"Brilliant."
"And if we get bored on Angel, we'll bring the First back and he can do sod all for another series."
"Wouldn't it be better to bring Lindsey or Kate back, as they both have emotional connections to Angel and have had good arcs on the show?"
"Sssh, it's Spikes show now."
"Despite the fact that Angel and Buffy have much more chemistry and were one of the most potent love affairs on screen, and Spike was just there for Buffy to get some?"
"Yeah."
"OK, just so I know."
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:31
Regular
er-no wrote:
> And as for Season 7 being bad, it was excellent, captured everything
> that Buffy was about throughout the seasons. Buffy shouldn't have
> died, because in a way she did at the end of the episode, she doesn't
> need to fight anymore. She found and threw away her love, another
> significant moment.

--

What did it capture, exactly? The fact that they tied up sod all ends? That they needed to introduce Andrew because they couldn't be bothered with Xand anymore? That Anya has been reduced to sex jokes? That Willow is just there to kiss Kennedy? That the stereotypical Weapon 'n' Spell combo was used AGAIN?

And she doesn't love Spike, she appreciates him. Different.

--

> It was an excellent episode. One of the best bits of television,
> probably ever.

--

It was the worst Buffy finale ever. Every other one has had emotional power and a ending that hit you. This one has no power or anything. Pathetic.
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think the best series was the one with Glory (Can't remember what it's number is). I also thought the ones with the Mayor and Adam where superb, the rest where good enough but I wouldn't say great. I thought season 7 was kind of the same thing over and over didn't you? They opened the seal, killed and uber-vamp, shut the seal, opened the seal, killed uber-vamps, destroyed the seal. If it wasn't for Calub (Sp?) and the Bringers that would be all that happened.
Sun 15/06/03 at 13:08
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
What actually happened to "the one" in the last episode? Buffy said get out of my face and that was the last we seen of it.
Sun 15/06/03 at 01:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
And as for Season 7 being bad, it was excellent, captured everything that Buffy was about throughout the seasons. Buffy shouldn't have died, because in a way she did at the end of the episode, she doesn't need to fight anymore. She found and threw away her love, another significant moment.

It was an excellent episode. One of the best bits of television, probably ever.
Sun 15/06/03 at 01:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
The last two comments were crap.

Season 6 was terrible. The worst Buffy.
Sat 14/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
Dawn should have sacrificed herself at the end of Season 5.

Season 6 was the best season dramatically. The Xander/Willow moment at the end of Grave is sheer brilliance.

"You can't stop this."
"Yeah, I get that. It's just, where else am I gonna go? You've been my best friend my whole life."
Sat 14/06/03 at 23:16
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
1-5 were great. 6 was bearable. 7 was pants. The last episode was rubbish - they should have ended it when Buffy died saving Dawn + the world.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.