GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Answer these Matrix questions for me !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 12:35
Regular
decided to watch the matrix last night on tv since the first time i watched it i turned it off half way through becasue its a load of cr*p but i watched it through last night and noted some things maybe u could answer these for me.

1) the morpheus guy says "what is real" then he says that the robots using people as batterys is real so how does he know its real ?

2) they say that you can die because your mind makes it real wtf they on if you was in a virtual reality machine even one that advanced theres no way ur mind could make the injurys in the game real.

3) they use a phone whilst there in the matrix to phone that bloke in the real world how can they phone the real world on a phone that does'nt exist ?

4)Why would Machines that advanced bother for ever using people as batterys why not just get the power from the sun again other wise there existance would only to reproduce people to keep themselves working which isn't really worth it.

5)Why Bother going in a computer game to fight people you cannot beat why not stay in the real world to destroy the robots and restart the human race?.
Fri 23/05/03 at 14:06
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:

> A dawning realisation that life isn't what it looks like. He seems
> charmed though, keeps arriving late at work yet just gets warnings
> about being fired etc, bending the mirror before it climbs his arm and
> into his mouth.
> Which is why he doesn't die when he hits the floor during the jump
> program

I thought that they designed the properties of the road to be elasticated, as everyone falls the first time....
Thu 22/05/03 at 22:29
"The Will of D."
if you want to question everything then why don't you question your own existence, that'll keep you occupied for a mellenia.
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:41
Regular
It is overhyped.

But it's not crap, not by a long way.

Just very overhyped.
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
WonderSwan wrote:
> its crap film anyway

No, YOU are a philistine.
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Ah, so you did.

Clearly you're just amazingly stupid and unable to follow a plot unless it's narrated for you.
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
""To the pub...""
i did watch the "damm" thing if u want to be sarcastic make sure u don't make urself look like a pr*t first

its crap film anyway
Thu 22/05/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Bored.

WonderSwan wrote:
> 1) the morpheus guy says "what is real" then he says that
> the robots using people as batterys is real so how does he know its
> real ?

Technically it's nigh on impossible to prove that anything is real. The probability of the life outside the Matrix being real is much higher than the probability of life inside being real once you know you can escape that. Hence it is accepted as reality.

> 2) they say that you can die because your mind makes it real wtf they
> on if you was in a virtual reality machine even one that advanced
> theres no way ur mind could make the injurys in the game real.

That isn't virtual reality, that's direct neural interface. When you get hurt, such as being shot in the heart, the matrix transmits signals to your brain to stimulate a pain response as though you'd been shot, and stops your heart beating. So you die. As for the physical injuries, people can be put under hypnosis and touched with an icecube, they're then told the ice cube is hot coal and their skin burns.

> 3) they use a phone whilst there in the matrix to phone that bloke in
> the real world how can they phone the real world on a phone that
> does'nt exist ?

The phone doesn't have to really exist, all the phone does is create a data-stream in the matrix that can easily be picked up by the operator back on the ship and turned into speech. If he was trying to pick up their voices constantly he'd have to filter it out of all other sounds in the area and it would be much more difficult. The phone is simply an easier way of keeping in touch.

> 4)Why would Machines that advanced bother for ever using people as
> batterys why not just get the power from the sun again other wise
> there existance would only to reproduce people to keep themselves
> working which isn't really worth it.

Yes, that part of the film is crap. Human bodies use more energy than they generate, and if the machines wanted power they should be either effectively using the fusion power Morpheous mentions or tapping geothermal energy. They can't use solar power because humans darkened the sky to stop them, presumably by instigating a nuclear winter.

> 5)Why Bother going in a computer game to fight people you cannot beat
> why not stay in the real world to destroy the robots and restart the
> human race?.

Because inside the Matrix you can free people, people that you can then use to destroy said robots and free the human race.

If you want to question a film, watch the damn thing first.
Thu 22/05/03 at 20:24
Regular
""To the pub...""
Nuking the sun LoL well that stupid as well for one you can't nuke the sun its gas and and nukes would disintegrate before they even got close and if they done that there would be no earth lol they would have to send there a*s a postcard
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:47
Regular
HMmm, I thought they scorched the sky by Nuking the sun.

:D
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:45
Regular
maddmun wrote:

> I was under the impression that they Nuked the sun.
> The way Morpheus said "I know it was us who scorched the sun, the
> robots were solar powered so we destroyed the sun to stop them"
> (May not be exact words)

exact quote

"We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we know that it was us that scorched the sky. At the time they were dependent on solar power and it was believed that they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.