GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Answer these Matrix questions for me !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/05/03 at 12:35
Regular
decided to watch the matrix last night on tv since the first time i watched it i turned it off half way through becasue its a load of cr*p but i watched it through last night and noted some things maybe u could answer these for me.

1) the morpheus guy says "what is real" then he says that the robots using people as batterys is real so how does he know its real ?

2) they say that you can die because your mind makes it real wtf they on if you was in a virtual reality machine even one that advanced theres no way ur mind could make the injurys in the game real.

3) they use a phone whilst there in the matrix to phone that bloke in the real world how can they phone the real world on a phone that does'nt exist ?

4)Why would Machines that advanced bother for ever using people as batterys why not just get the power from the sun again other wise there existance would only to reproduce people to keep themselves working which isn't really worth it.

5)Why Bother going in a computer game to fight people you cannot beat why not stay in the real world to destroy the robots and restart the human race?.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:35
Regular
""To the pub...""
decided to watch the matrix last night on tv since the first time i watched it i turned it off half way through becasue its a load of cr*p but i watched it through last night and noted some things maybe u could answer these for me.

1) the morpheus guy says "what is real" then he says that the robots using people as batterys is real so how does he know its real ?

2) they say that you can die because your mind makes it real wtf they on if you was in a virtual reality machine even one that advanced theres no way ur mind could make the injurys in the game real.

3) they use a phone whilst there in the matrix to phone that bloke in the real world how can they phone the real world on a phone that does'nt exist ?

4)Why would Machines that advanced bother for ever using people as batterys why not just get the power from the sun again other wise there existance would only to reproduce people to keep themselves working which isn't really worth it.

5)Why Bother going in a computer game to fight people you cannot beat why not stay in the real world to destroy the robots and restart the human race?.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
After reading your zen-like unanswerable questions, I have changed my mind. Yes, The Matrix is indeed rather crap. And for future reference, if you want to understand films, you generally have to watch ALL of it, not just the first half.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:44
Regular
I'll take this one if I may :

> 1) the morpheus guy says "what is real" then he says that
> the robots using people as batterys is real so how does he know its
> real ?

because him and his crew were 'freed' from the matrix

> 2) they say that you can die because your mind makes it real wtf they
> on if you was in a virtual reality machine even one that advanced
> theres no way ur mind could make the injurys in the game real.

if your brain dies, your body cannot function (hence the term braindead). this is what he means

> 3) they use a phone whilst there in the matrix to phone that bloke in
> the real world how can they phone the real world on a phone that
> does'nt exist ?

the phone is probably linked via software to the real world, in the same way a modem is connected to the internet

> 4)Why would Machines that advanced bother for ever using people as
> batterys why not just get the power from the sun again other wise
> there existance would only to reproduce people to keep themselves
> working which isn't really worth it.

the nuclear winter stopped sunlight from getting through

> 5)Why Bother going in a computer game to fight people you cannot beat
> why not stay in the real world to destroy the robots and restart the
> human race?.

the only decent question. I suppose eventually they will attack the 'robots', but this won't happen til later in the story
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> After reading your zen-like unanswerable questions, I have changed my
> mind. Yes, The Matrix is indeed rather crap. And for future
> reference, if you want to understand films, you generally have to
> watch ALL of it, not just the first half.

Traitor
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Traitor

Heh. Every question was a dagger in my heart!
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> And for future
> reference, if you want to understand films, you generally have to
> watch ALL of it, not just the first half.

Actually, if you read what he said, he only turned it off half way through *first time*, but watched the whole thing last night.
This oversight renders your 'hilariously sarcastic' reply USELES.
AHhahahaahaaah
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:48
Regular
""To the pub...""
well he seems to have answered most of my questions so now i have one final question is the matrix computer game any good is it better than max payne ? worth buying or just renting
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:49
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Actually, if you read what he said, he only turned it off half way
> through *first time*, but watched the whole thing last night.
> This oversight renders your 'hilariously sarcastic' reply USELES.
> AHhahahaahaaah

your mis-spelling of the word 'useless' takes the sheen off your blatant pi55 take.
Ahahahahhaha

;D
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I suggest that you rent Enter The Matrix, as some people love it and some people hate it. Which is the same with Max Payne, actually.
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:50
Regular
WonderSwan wrote:
> well he seems to have answered most of my questions so now i have one
> final question is the matrix computer game any good is it better than
> max payne ? worth buying or just renting

max payne is great, apparently the matrix game is not all that hot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.