GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest Movie Ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
We all have our favourite horror/chiller films, and generally we enjoy being scared. So what are all of your favourite scary movies?

I recon the scariest film I have seen is The Ring, it is very messed up and disturbing, despite a slightly bizzare storyline.

So, what sends shivers down your spines?
Tue 20/05/03 at 07:17
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Sometime's there's just hilariously funny "horror", like Nightmare On Elmstreet (not sure which part), where Freddy has been conquered and a mother is waving off her kids when Freddy's hand gets through a plate of glass in the door (she was standing outside the house, in front of the door) and the hand pulls her back through one tiny pane of glass.

I totally p!ssed myself laughing, I really did.

Only two films have ever scared me. IT is one, because I saw a rather gory preview of it when I was 4 and it freaked the living pap out of me for 9 years, before I saw it on TV last year. It made me laugh and my fear of clowns was cured :D

Another is the Last Broadcast. When I originally saw this, the documentary was done so well, that I thought this incident actually happened. It scared me for a few hours, before I did some research on the net and realised that it was fake, where it just made me think the film was freaky.

Watch IT and TLB if you haven't already.
Tue 20/05/03 at 07:18
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Oh, and how anyone can say that these films are scary is beyond me:

The Ring
King Ralph
Watership Down (old or new?)
The Exorcist
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Candyman
Toy Story

Bah :P

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman...

Or was it 5 times?

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman...

*Egrh!*

:D
Tue 20/05/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> The Ring isn't scary.

I'm going to disagree, I think it really is! It isn't a 'that would never happen in real life' storyline, like the ghost and demon movies we are accustomed to. It was very much set in a familiar surrounding and everyday life, thats why I recon it was scary.
Tue 20/05/03 at 12:01
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Ms NY wrote:
> I wanna see IT. Haven't seen that yet. Looks good, but anything with
> clowns in scares the crap out of me.. Got that from Rugrats =D

That the episode of Rugrats when Tommys dad makes an army of robots and so Tommy and co think they are evil and decide to go to war with them?
That episode is hilarious at the end theres bits of clowns all over the garden.
Tue 20/05/03 at 12:03
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Oh, and how anyone can say that these films are scary is beyond me:
> Watership Down (old or new?)

Isnt Watership Down that movie about Rabbits? that wasnt scary it was a cartoon.
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
The first pokemon movie.
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ms NY wrote:
> Labryinth is good! I loved it when I first watched it.. That little
> small thing - can't remember his name

LOL - Just like David Bowie!
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
BEARDS. wrote:
> The first pokemon movie.

I actually saw that at the cinema.

*sighs*
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Kastro wrote:
> Kiriyama wrote:
> Oh, and how anyone can say that these films are scary is beyond me:
> Watership Down (old or new?)
>
> Isnt Watership Down that movie about Rabbits? that wasnt scary it was
> a cartoon.

Big rabbits with sharp claws and red eye killing smaller rabbits. Man, that was just purely evil. A bit like Farthing Wood.

Did anyone ever see Redwall when it was on Channel 5 on Saturday mornings? Jeeesus - it was a cartoon for kids about medieval animals, but they slaughtered each other and everything! I remember an episode where the rabbit-type creature in the massive pantaloons and a ruff found this rabbit hung in the woods. That's right, the crows had HUNG the rabbit!
Tue 20/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
It depends what sort of scare you want,

The Sceam/Slasher sort of Horror is shocking and makes you jump out of your seat.

Or

The psycological horror, such as 28 days, the exorcist and in some ways candyman (not the second one, that was crap), the ones that give you nightmares. The ones that evoke images.

Persnally, I prefer the second type, films that deal with religion and reported phenonomon, ones that are more to do with your opinion of something than the good old straight serial killer thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.