GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest Movie Ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
We all have our favourite horror/chiller films, and generally we enjoy being scared. So what are all of your favourite scary movies?

I recon the scariest film I have seen is The Ring, it is very messed up and disturbing, despite a slightly bizzare storyline.

So, what sends shivers down your spines?
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Light of the world"
Labarinth.......Scared me also Sheetless! ...kids film i know but i was young and that kept me awake!
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:47
The only bit in the Exorcist I remember is where the girl's head spun round and round, and it was so stupid that I laughed.
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:48
"slightlyshortertagl"
The Ring isn't scary.
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ring!
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:59
Regular
Ringu is better.
Tue 20/05/03 at 01:19
Regular
"cachoo"
The Ring didn't scare me too much, just that 'thing' crawling around on the floor creeped me out.

Chainsaw Massacre scared me. Just plain weird.
Michael Myers used to scare me. Along with Chucky and Freddy Kreuger.
But I don't think I've ever seen a movie that scared me so much I couldn't watch again..

I wanna see IT. Haven't seen that yet. Looks good, but anything with clowns in scares the crap out of me.. Got that from Rugrats =D
Tue 20/05/03 at 01:37
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Lots of my friends saw IT when they were a bit younger and said it's really, really scary. I was pretty dissapointed when I spent most of the film laughing my head of.

I guess the Shining is pretty scary, and A Clockwork Orange is a bit scarily weird, if you know what I mean.
Tue 20/05/03 at 01:51
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Hmm, I haven't seen a decent scary movie in ages.
But my sister is scared of 'Labyrinth' especially David Bowie in it, so I bought it on Dvd.
One day she will be cured of her Bowie-phobia
Tue 20/05/03 at 01:56
Regular
"cachoo"
Labryinth is good! I loved it when I first watched it.. That little small thing - can't remember his name - scares me though. Hoggle?

Jeez.. It IS scary.. Just thinking about parts of it. And it's horrible..
Tue 20/05/03 at 02:09
Regular
it depends what you mean by scary. if you mean so called horror films, then I don't think there are any really.

there are ones that have cheap 'make you jump' bits in them. If you have a 5 minute scene where everything is very quiet and dark, and then you suddenly have someone scream and something jump out, its bound to make you jump, but its not 'scary' as such. certainly no more scary than having someone scream in your ear when you are not looking.

then there are ones that are incredibly gory, such as the thing or braindead, but these aren't scary either, just a little stomach churning. and in the case of evil dead - HILARIOUS

the only things I find scary are when you see things like saving private ryan, where people are being gunned down by the hundreds, and you know it actually happened. that IS scary

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.