GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thinking of buying Angel or Buffy The Vampire DVD boxsets soon need advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 12:30
Regular
Im thinking of getting a DVD boxset of Buffy or most probably Angel, because I have missed nearly whole 3 seasons of the show + I enjoyed the few episodes I saw before Channel 4 stopped screening it. A website called CDWOW! are selling Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets at like £40.00 + free postage which is an excellent price, don't think Id find them any cheaper (beside Special Reserve don't sell these DVD anyway) theyre like £80.00 in most shops. Anyway I have seen Buffy from season 1-4 I haven't seen any of season 5 so which ones do you recommend for those who might have the boxsets? Thanks.
Tue 20/05/03 at 21:52
Regular
Artemis Clod Frog wrote:

Actually it was The Ring.

--

Oh yeah, when he puts his fist through the guys heart....Good ep.

--

. I never want to go back to the awfulness of season 4
> though, the only good episode I remember is the one with the
> Gentlemen.

--

"Hush" was the Gentlemen ep. I dunno, "Pangs" was good, as was the dream one, "Restless". But Pangs is hilarious.

"A bear! You made a bear!"
"I didn't mean to!"
"Undo it! UNDO IT!"

Season 4 is better than Season 7.
Tue 20/05/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Artemis Clod Frog wrote:
> 'Numfar, do the dance of joy!'
> LOL

And do you know who played Numfar, well it was no other than Joss Whedon himself :)
Wed 21/05/03 at 08:12
Regular
Yeah, apparently it's the dance he does when Marti Noxon or Jane Espenson or someone comes up with a good plot idead :)

Season 7 = Worst Season so far, no doubt about it.
Wed 21/05/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stryke wrote:
> Season 7 = Worst Season so far, no doubt about it.

I liked it plus the end episode is a little sad. And is Spike actually going to Angel for Season 5.
Wed 21/05/03 at 16:20
Regular
That ain't a good thing. Seasons 4 - 6 Spike had good storylines but was still part of an ensemble cast in which everyone had good storylines and the show worked amazingly well.. Season 7 has been the Spike Show. Hardly any Xander/Willow/Giles/Anya/Dawn stuff. If Angel turns into the Show Show II then I'll stop watching.
Wed 21/05/03 at 20:21
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Stryke which would you say is the best series then Angel or Buffy The Vampire slaye?
Wed 21/05/03 at 23:42
Regular
Buffy, without a doubt.
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:09
Regular
Go for Angel mate, far better than Buffy, I to download the episodes from America, watched the last ep of Buffy the other day and maybee the last Angel episode aswell (not sure but a new one aint been out for ages)

I bought Buffy season 1 from CDWOW the other month, turned up in about 3 days which is faster than play.com, box was slightly ripped being cardboard and all but nothing really bad.

Have since bought every available season of Buffy and Angel, not from the shops like cos that would be stupid, been getting them off someone, disks exactly as you would buy from the shop for £15 a season, thats for the 6 disk series' thats less than £2.50 a disk when you take recorded delivery into consideration. Bargain me thinks
Thu 22/05/03 at 19:44
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Buffy, without a doubt.

Angel
Thu 22/05/03 at 22:53
Regular
You just like oogling Angle when he's all naked, as he frequently is. I, on the other hand, am a sophisticate and like Willow :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.