GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thinking of buying Angel or Buffy The Vampire DVD boxsets soon need advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 12:30
Regular
Im thinking of getting a DVD boxset of Buffy or most probably Angel, because I have missed nearly whole 3 seasons of the show + I enjoyed the few episodes I saw before Channel 4 stopped screening it. A website called CDWOW! are selling Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets at like £40.00 + free postage which is an excellent price, don't think Id find them any cheaper (beside Special Reserve don't sell these DVD anyway) theyre like £80.00 in most shops. Anyway I have seen Buffy from season 1-4 I haven't seen any of season 5 so which ones do you recommend for those who might have the boxsets? Thanks.
Mon 19/05/03 at 12:59
Regular
Bad luck, Doublemeat Palace is the worst episode of Buffy. Ever. Except for maybe Go Fish. Hm...Nah, I prefer the High School Years.
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:35
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Yeah Stryke I agree, Season 3 in my opinion is the most memorable and best season with probably the best finale in the series. Which season should I get 1st? bearing in mind I have seen Buffy from 1 -4 season. Are seasons 5 and 6 of Buffy good?
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:45
Regular
Depends what you're looking for. Season 5 of Buffy is more like "classic" Buffy, whereas Season 6 takes it off in a new direction. I'd go for Season 6, it has some amazing storylines. But Season 5 has some good parts too (Riley sodding off at last, for one).

Go for Season 6.
Mon 19/05/03 at 18:48
"period drama"
'Twas thinking and, yes, the older Buffy is better.
I don't really watch it so much any more.
It was good when Angel was in it, and that evil girl ... (can't remember name .... ). I remember the episode when she and Buffy were fighting as particularly good for some reason.

I think after Dawn came in it went downhill slightly. Dunno why, just lost something there, wasn't really bothered by the story developing.
Although when Dawn killed herself - that espisode - when they used all the stuff they'd got from the previous episodes - that was pretty good.
And when Giles was in it.
Now Spike's the only one who's good, I think the other's have kind of weakened from when there was just the small group of them.
Mon 19/05/03 at 21:24
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Strkye said: "But Season 5 has some good parts too (Riley sodding off at last, for one)". Yeah I never did like Riley.

So season 6 is worth the £55.99? what is Angel season 1 like worth getting or not? Thanks.
Mon 19/05/03 at 22:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Autolocked69 wrote:
> So season 6 is worth the £55.99? what is Angel season 1 like
> worth getting or not? Thanks.

Yes and yes. Angel season 1 is cool and has some very good episodes if I recall. Have you seen Angel at all? If not then may be buy Angel season 1 and then you can go get season 2 and 3 later if you enjoy season 1. I think that if you have the money go out and buy all seasons of Buffy and Angel as then you have the whole set. Shows like Angel and Buffy refer to previous events alot so you need to watch them in order to know everything that goes on.
Mon 19/05/03 at 22:57
Regular
Yeah, that's the easy answer. Get them all :D
Tue 20/05/03 at 00:57
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Well I eventually wouldn't mind to get all the Buffy seasons on DVD , but its not essential as I seen Buffy seasons 1 - 4 season 3 is probably my favouite. Just the 5, 6 + 7 seasons I am still to see. Im going to check out the season 1 boxset of Angel + better to get that one first as the DVD might stop being made soon. If I like the series (which Im sure I will) I'll buy the 2 + 3 seasons.

I believe the 4 season of Angel is released on DVD soon, says at Fox.co.uk website.
Tue 20/05/03 at 20:52
Regular
"Mmmmmm Annngel"
Tue 20/05/03 at 21:36
"Wa-wa-west"
Stryke wrote:
> One episode deserved a 18. I think it was "She", or possibly
> "Expecting". Can't remember.

Actually it was The Ring.

I wouldn't have any idea what the best season of Angel to buy is, I love them all, but if you want funny go for season 2, which has the best finale EVER.

'Numfar, do the dance of joy!'
LOL

As for buffy, seasons 2 or 3 are the best in my opinion, but 5 and 6 come close. I never want to go back to the awfulness of season 4 though, the only good episode I remember is the one with the Gentlemen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.