GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thinking of buying Angel or Buffy The Vampire DVD boxsets soon need advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 12:30
Regular
Im thinking of getting a DVD boxset of Buffy or most probably Angel, because I have missed nearly whole 3 seasons of the show + I enjoyed the few episodes I saw before Channel 4 stopped screening it. A website called CDWOW! are selling Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets at like £40.00 + free postage which is an excellent price, don't think Id find them any cheaper (beside Special Reserve don't sell these DVD anyway) theyre like £80.00 in most shops. Anyway I have seen Buffy from season 1-4 I haven't seen any of season 5 so which ones do you recommend for those who might have the boxsets? Thanks.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stryke wrote:
> Wasn't poor? Did you see Get It Done?

Yes seen all episodes that have aired on Sky twice. I am not saying its the best season ever but its not bad. There has been quite a few good episodes that I can recall.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> It's a good thing he doesn't want your advice then. Sod off and watch
> Disney.

you gimp, ironically disney have talent when it comes to making entertainment, which is more than can be said for whoever created that mass produced Narcissistical fantasy crap devised primarily for pre-teen american boys to spray their shorts over.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:17
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Hm I have been thinking what one 2 buy, I'll either buy Buffy season 5 or 6 as I have missed those whole seasons or Angel season 1 boxset, heard though the DVD has a **** picture quality. Being able to buy Buffy or Angel boxsets for £40.00 +free postage is an excellent price saving about £40.00 per season. I guess a plus with the Angel boxsets is that there are fully uncut, where some Buffy episodes like on season 6 has a few cuts.

BTW How come you guys have already seen Buffy season 7 (last ever season) + Angel Season 4? I thought they were only on US tv at the moment.

Well good new for me as Angel has been bought by channel 5 and will be screening season 3 June 2 and season 4 in the autumn, which means I have alot of catching up to do with the Angel series. Starting with the 1st Angel season, also where is the 1st season of Angel got an "18" rating while the others only have an "15"?
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:21
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Disney haven't made a good film in years.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Autolocked69 wrote:
> also where is the 1st season of Angel got an
> "18" rating while the others only have an "15"?

Well the video boxsets came as 2 volumes each of 3 videos(6 videos in total). Some of season 1 episodes were quite violent and show more blood etc than others and so that particular video was awarded an 18 while other videos in season 1 were 15. As the DVD had all episodes they had to stick a 18 on it. Angel from season 2 on wards actually got less violent I thought and so there probably wasnt any episodes on the video boxsets that got an 18, so a 15 could be awarded to the DVD.
Sun 18/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Thanks for clearing that up adrian.
Mon 19/05/03 at 08:10
Regular
Autolocked69 wrote:
> Being able to buy
> Buffy or Angel boxsets for £40.00 +free postage is an excellent
> price saving about £40.00 per season.

--

Remember that CDWow are selling Region 1, though. Make sure you've got a multi-region player.

> BTW How come you guys have already seen Buffy season 7 (last ever
> season) + Angel Season 4? I thought they were only on US tv at the
> moment.

--

Yeah, but one of my mates has 2mb broadband, so he downloads them as soon as they've been on T.V there. And I think adrian is a Yank, so he lives there.

> Well good new for me as Angel has been bought by channel 5 and will be
> screening season 3 June 2 and season 4 in the autumn, which means I
> have alot of catching up to do with the Angel series. Starting with
> the 1st Angel season, also where is the 1st season of Angel got an
> "18" rating while the others only have an "15"?

--

One episode deserved a 18. I think it was "She", or possibly "Expecting". Can't remember.
Mon 19/05/03 at 08:13
Regular
Oh yeah, and if you haven't seen Once More With Feeling, I really recommend it. That's the musical ep from Season 6.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stryke wrote:
> Yeah, but one of my mates has 2mb broadband, so he downloads them as
> soon as they've been on T.V there. And I think adrian is a Yank, so he
> lives there.

Nope just plain old British like most here, I do the same as your mate, but get the pre-air versions. Didnt you read my reply to you lower down when I said that I watched all the episodes that have aired on Sky twice and then of course the ones that havent aired yet i've seen once. Wish I did live in America though, and I may be after my last year of Uni, just about tot finish my 2nd year out of the 3 years.
Mon 19/05/03 at 10:42
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Yeah Styke I checked @ CDWOW! website Region 2 Buffy + Angel boxsets are only £40.00 no charge for postage either, only Buffy season 6 is more, as it quite new out but at £55.99 its still pretty cheap. Im sending my order soon for either Angel season 1 boxset or Buffy season 5, but still can't decide which 1 to get. I'll evetually try and get season 6 as well, only episode I have seen from it is "Doublemeat Palace" the 1 where Buffy gets a job at a Pizza place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.