GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I thinking of buying Angel or Buffy The Vampire DVD boxsets soon need advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/05/03 at 12:30
Regular
Im thinking of getting a DVD boxset of Buffy or most probably Angel, because I have missed nearly whole 3 seasons of the show + I enjoyed the few episodes I saw before Channel 4 stopped screening it. A website called CDWOW! are selling Buffy and Angel DVD boxsets at like £40.00 + free postage which is an excellent price, don't think Id find them any cheaper (beside Special Reserve don't sell these DVD anyway) theyre like £80.00 in most shops. Anyway I have seen Buffy from season 1-4 I haven't seen any of season 5 so which ones do you recommend for those who might have the boxsets? Thanks.
Fri 23/05/03 at 00:05
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Im buying most probably Angel season 1 on DVD from CDWOW!, because I really need to catch up with the series. Can't believe theres been 5 seasons alreadly!) or I might get Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 5, anyway Cal_G are CDWOW! reliable? hope my DVD boxset I eventually order (hopefully sometime before the end of the week) doesn't come damaged.

BTW Angel season 4 on DVD is coming out soon for those who might not know. Says at Fox.co.uk, no release date given yet though.
Sat 24/05/03 at 11:12
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Just ordered Angel complete season 1 on DVD from CDWOW! for £40.00 can't wait to watch the DVDS.
Sun 25/05/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Think I might start collecting the DVDs for Angel and Buffy. Does anyone know of any good sites with cheap boxsets on? Also going to try and collect Alias and Dark Angel. Will be earning quite a bit of money during the summer break so may be able to get all the boxsets.
Tue 27/05/03 at 22:31
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> You just like oogling Angle when he's all naked, as he frequently is.
> I, on the other hand, am a sophisticate and like Willow :)

Well yes. But, Angel is far better than Buffy and her "Ooo I'm the Slayer" crap.
Ever since season 4 it's taken a nose dive into crappyness beyond the likes of Dallas and Days of Our Lives.
While Angel's story lines get better with each season.

So nyyyyerrrr
Tue 27/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Well I want to see the Angel series because I like gripping and original storylines + kick *** action set pieces, I couldn't care less about David Boreanaz being nude, thats not why I want to watch the DVDs thats the only reason why most girls watch the series (sorry but it is), besides Buffy I think has a very teen feel and is cheesy at times, Angel Im told is more adult than Buffy which is why Im hoping Angel series will be better.
Tue 27/05/03 at 23:05
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Just to say im a male Angel and Buffy fan, and yes I even like the Bad Girls series.
Wed 28/05/03 at 13:31
Regular
Autolocked69 wrote:
>the only reason why most girls watch the series (sorry but
> it is),

Not for me, I've watched Buffy from the beginning and when I heard there was going to be an Angel spin-off with funnier-darker-more actiony storylines I almost wet myself (ew) David Boreanaz being nekkid is just a bonus...actually, he isn't even nekkid all that much...

Am I watching the wrong program?
Wed 28/05/03 at 15:24
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Mystique Im waiting patiently for my Angel season 1 dvd boxset to arrive, you said you have got the 1st season right or atleast seen it? did you think it was good, storylines + fights etc, people tell the Angel series is excellent and is better than Buffy. Im also glad Buffy and Faith make a apprerance is the season too.
Wed 28/05/03 at 15:37
Regular
Yeah, I've got it on VHS (Gah) and it's loaaads better than buffy.
It's a lot more violent than Buffy too (Hense the 18 certificate on one first box set)
The main storyline doesn't kick in until later in the season but it's still brilliant.
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:07
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Thanks Mystique sounds like it's awesome, especially as the series has more action which Buffy I feel lacked in later seasons. I have only ever seen 1 episode of Angel, the 1 where Boreanaz kicks a vampire out of a office building window + I like the theme for the series more. Just like to know, I noticed the seasons of Angel after 1st are rated "15" where the 1 season is an "18" has the adult style been toned down in the 2, 3 + 4 seasons? Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.