GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Official Poetry And Hai-ku Thread !!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
This (as the name suggests) is the OFFICIAL poetry and Hai-ku thread for the Special Reserve Forums. Naturally this thread is open to all members with creative talent and even ones who are just doing it for a laugh. Post all your creative works here and let the rest of the forum admire it! Give poetry a try, you never know, you might like it :D Here are a few terms to help you get started with poetry.

Key:
Stanza - One of the divisions of a poem, composed of two or more lines usually characterized by a common pattern of meter, rhyme, and number of lines.

Hai-ku - A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Poem - A verbal composition designed to convey experiences, ideas, or emotions in a vivid and imaginative way, characterized by the use of language chosen for its sound and suggestive power and by the use of literary techniques such as meter, metaphor, and rhyme.
Fri 16/05/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
This (as the name suggests) is the OFFICIAL poetry and Hai-ku thread for the Special Reserve Forums. Naturally this thread is open to all members with creative talent and even ones who are just doing it for a laugh. Post all your creative works here and let the rest of the forum admire it! Give poetry a try, you never know, you might like it :D Here are a few terms to help you get started with poetry.

Key:
Stanza - One of the divisions of a poem, composed of two or more lines usually characterized by a common pattern of meter, rhyme, and number of lines.

Hai-ku - A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Poem - A verbal composition designed to convey experiences, ideas, or emotions in a vivid and imaginative way, characterized by the use of language chosen for its sound and suggestive power and by the use of literary techniques such as meter, metaphor, and rhyme.
Fri 16/05/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Evergreen

As I walked along the river bank one exotic summer’s day
I admired how much the beaten path had changed
I could hear the river trickle soothingly through the rocks
Dancing elegantly around the pebbles
The smell of life drifted through the air
The bittersweet smell of pine trees
The scent of exotic and common flowers
Even the lowliest weed contributed to the aroma
Tulips caressed by Roses
Daffodils partnered with Daisy’s
And thousands of combinations that never appeared before
I remember when the ground was as white as paper
The wind a freezing slap across my face
The branches of the once fruit filled trees were bare
All accept the pine trees
They were the only things that stayed evergreen

Created by Cubist
Fri 16/05/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
My first attempt at Haiku...

invading hands touch;
trailing along my skin to
find a secret place
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I really like the message that comes across from your Hai-ku Ros. To me it looks like a personal experience of a time when you and some one you were attracted to fell in love (Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) It may sound a bit raunchy but you convey a strong message.
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
It doesn't seem to read as well as it did when I first wrote it but ...

Mother Earth is in such endless pain
But her agony, her cries, go unheard by mankind

Mankind, the only cause of her torment
They scurry around her skin,
Irritatingly, scratchily, uncaringly, unaware
Destroying all she nurtures
Scaring her beautiful features.

Mankind, the only cause of her pain
They burrow deep into her body
Agonisingly, greedily, uncaringly, unaware
Severing her connections to her skin
Tearing at her bountiful flesh

Mankind, the only cause of her sorrow
They are reaching the end of their existence
Unknowingly, unwittingly, uncaringly, unaware
They play their war games, in the name of peace
They deploy their weapons of mass destruction

Mankind, her single most devastating creation
Her initial joy, her folly, her passing error
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Some one's an environmentalist :D Good work Ineedsleep, you really conveyed your thoughts and feeling about how man kind are detroying the planet despite countless warnings and facts telling them to stop.
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Ineedsleep wrote:

> Mankind, her single most devastating creation
> Her initial joy, her folly, her passing error

I love these last lines. Its almost as if mother nature were deeply dissapointed in us, as a mother might be with a naughty child.
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
To quote you Ros "spanky spanky" :D
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:36
Regular
If your Racine and you know it, raise your hand.
If your Racine and you know it, raise your hand.
If your Racine and you know it, and you really want to show it, If your Racine and you know it, raise your hand.

Only Racine can play.
Fri 16/05/03 at 15:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"you're"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.