GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deftones!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/04/03 at 16:16
Regular
Hooray!!

the deftones are finally coming back to London. June 2nd Brixton academy. Should be excelllent. Thats now radiohead, deftones and queens in the space of a month. Im one happy lad.
Sun 27/04/03 at 09:25
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Idioteque wrote:
> i personally hope minerva doesnt break them out too big. i like how
> they have a good following, yet not every linkin park and slipknot fan
> likes them. Whilst they do deserve success, it would annoy me if every
> 8 year old sum 41 fan starts listening to them.

Why would it annoy you? As long as you enjoy their music, why should you care what others think?
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:39
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
i personally hope minerva doesnt break them out too big. i like how they have a good following, yet not every linkin park and slipknot fan likes them. Whilst they do deserve success, it would annoy me if every 8 year old sum 41 fan starts listening to them.
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:25
"Uzi Lover"
Oh and Chino, these days he's getting fatter and it's ruined him Live. Though he still kicks.
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:24
"Uzi Lover"
They didn't want anything Hip-Hop oriented on White Pony (Back To School) and damn right too. Ruined Pink Maggit and made alot of crappy fans. But I don't blame them for releasing it and all that, they deserved the money.

I honestly don't think Minerva is going to be that big. I jsut don't see it doing well on Kerrang for a start, what with the chours "And god bless you all for the Earth", they like more "And kill you all and destroy this Earth". Or something.

Feitceira is a fantastic opener and one of the bands favourite live, I know Abe loves it, best drummings in Around The Fur I say. As for Stef, his favourite rif is Lotion. So simple, yet so heavy. All I know about Chino's fav tracks are that on Adrenaline it's Birthmark and Fireal and on Around the Fur, Mascara. Chi's...Root I think.
Sun 27/04/03 at 00:13
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
I think bored is a superb opener. not as good as feiticeira(sp?) or shove it, buts still good. and whilst i love around the fur and adrenaline, i probably prefer white pony. its such an excelllent album, with absolutely no weak tracks in my opinion. and like i said earlier, i agree, back to school is a godawful song. i couldnt bring myself to spend any money on the back to school mini maggit thing. it just seemed they were trying to cash in on metal getting so big at that time. still it seems like the new album is gonna see the deftones getting back to them at their best.
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:56
"Uzi Lover"
I was going to put Engine No 9 on.

Not Bored though, thats the stinker of Adrenaline, but it's still cool.
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:55
"Uzi Lover"
Take it like this, my Sister has the lyrics to Back To School as her MSN name...

White Pony's a great album, but I'd still class Adrenaline and Around The Fur over it.

I've heard clips of a large amount of the new album and it isn't really what I was hoping for. I'll probably enjoy it more as full songs. I've heard the full songs of Minerva and Hexagram. Lyrically, Chino isn't up to scratch in those two songs. I've listened to them over and read them over and they just aren't as good as previous albums.

Hmmmm theres gonna be alot of new stuff played at Brixton but I'm hopnig for alot of old stuff too, just to see the concert I missed out on last time (where there was a great setlist).
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:54
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
>
> Teething
> Lotion
> Nosebleed
> Birthmark
> Lifter
> Mascara
> Be Quiet And Drive
> Fireal
> Gods Hand
> Lifter
> Root
> One Weak
> Ihabia

Hold i just noticed... no shove it, no 7 words, no engine no.9,, no bored!! are u mad. they better play these ones.
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:49
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> If anyone, starts shouting out "PLAY BACK TO SCHOOL!" I
> shall punch them.

couldnt agree more, that song absolutely sucks. How can they attempt to ruin pink maggit like that. Pink maggit is a phenomenal song, like most on white pony. i agree with the songs ud like to see them play, nut i wouldnt get ur hopes up. theres gonna be a damn lotta songs played from the new 'deftones album'.

i dunno who would support em. hopefully a perfect circle, cos they r a class band, and then we also get maynard.. hehehe.
Sat 26/04/03 at 22:42
"Uzi Lover"
Oh and Battleaxe off the new album. From the clip I heard it sounds good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.