GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deftones!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/04/03 at 16:16
Regular
Hooray!!

the deftones are finally coming back to London. June 2nd Brixton academy. Should be excelllent. Thats now radiohead, deftones and queens in the space of a month. Im one happy lad.
Thu 08/05/03 at 23:25
Regular
"I'm Great."
Thanks. I will look in to these and let you know how it goes. Just need to find time to listen to them once I got them. Could take a while.
Thu 08/05/03 at 19:51
"Uzi Lover"
Sure, here's what I think you may enjoy others I really enjoy:

Be Quiet & Drive (Far Away)
Mascara
Engine No.9
My Own Summer (Shove-It) (I don't like it as much as others but many do)
MX
Digital Bath
Around The Fur
Korea
Root
Damone
Lotion
Birthmark
Ihabia
Nosebleed
Lifter
Thu 08/05/03 at 18:57
Regular
"I'm Great."
Well i'm open to pretty much anything. Not really specific about that sort of stuff. Makes the job a little bit harder but just give us afew of what you think are the stand out tracks of theirs. Whether it be big riffs and such or something a little more melodic ( is that even a word ). I'm not too fussy just so long as I like it. If not, so be it. Cheers dude.
Thu 08/05/03 at 18:46
"Uzi Lover"
Sure, tell me what sort of sound you like and I'll give you a list of some tracks by them to look into.
Thu 08/05/03 at 17:04
Regular
"I'm Great."
Yes it was Minerva I was on about. Like you said opinions differ. That said though can you, in your opinion, recomend me some of their best tacks if you don't mind please?
Thu 08/05/03 at 16:43
"Uzi Lover"
Are you talking about Minerva?

In my opinion it's their worse single, but hey, opinion changes from person to person.

So in my view, yes, most of their stuff betters it. Ther'es two tracks from the new album I like alot, and theres some exprimental stuff aswell. One's like sounds like a Team Sleep track while the other is probably the most exprimental thing they've done.

I'll say it again though, I've got the feeling this is going to be my least favourite album by them even though it has some tracks I like alot. It'll probably grow on me with time though, considering I like every single Deftones track, this album can't let me down.

Other news now about the Minerva single:

Three tracks on the single listed as -

1. Minerva
2. Sinatra
3. Sleep Walk

Lots of rumors going around that Sinatra is a cover of a song by Helmet. As for Sleep Walk, it's rumored to be a cover of the classic instrumental track by Santo & Johnny, dating back to the 50's/60's. If what has been said is true, I'll be very intrested to see what they do with that final track.

Sinatra, a song by Helmet, suits the band so well though. I can just imagine Stef trashing out the riffs on his guitar. If anything, this is the song I am most looking froward to hearing if the rumors are true and I can't see why they shouldn't be. It's very likely it will take me back to the sound of the Adrenaline days. The song, in it's original form, is well worth hearing, I love it. Helmet, one of the great bands of Post-Hardcore along with Quicksand and Fugazi of course.
Thu 08/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
"I'm Great."
I've heard some of their stuff but I must say that from whatI've heard their new one is easily my favorite. Is there anything that can better it or not?
Thu 08/05/03 at 16:24
"Uzi Lover"
Got some new Live tracks of some of the new songs.

Bloody Cape is my favourite so far, the chorus will blow you away. It sent a tingle down my spine when I first heard it, it's what I've been waiting to hear.
Fri 02/05/03 at 16:59
"Uzi Lover"
Bleeders wrote:
> I got a rough copy of the Team Sleep album, which I'm preferring to
> tracks that I've heard from the new Deftones album at the moment. ^^

Well there you go, it's all down to taste. Which is why having a track like that on the new album is a good idea.
Fri 02/05/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Noobst@r wrote:
> And MWA - how far away do you live from Adventure Island? :)
>
> Erm walking about 30 mins. Driving about 10 mins. Not far. Adventure
> Island was a big let down to what they told me was going to be in
> there. They had a picture of a massive Rollercoaster with loops and
> stuff before it was made. Grrrr.
>
> Heard the full version of 'Hexagram' today and also 'Lucky You' which
> is on the new Matrix soundtrack. It's the 'Teenager' of the new album
> and is basically a Team Sleep song. Following that song on the Matrix
> album is a Team Sleep song, so you can imagine what it sounds like.
> Wasn't impressed with 'Lucky You', though I like the chorus, just not
> the Phaser Gun sounds. 'Hexagram' just makes me feel like Chino's past
> it.

I got a rough copy of the Team Sleep album, which I'm preferring to tracks that I've heard from the new Deftones album at the moment. ^^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.