GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOST Season 5 ****SPOLIER US EPISODE THREAD****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 17:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Wow, can't believe there isn't one of these running yet especially as one of the most popular TV shows is back (for the Yanks) tomorrow night!

Last year we had a successful thread where theories were discussed as well as thoughts on each episode, so why not one for this 17 episode run?

Personally I will be watching on Sky1 on Sunday and not jumping ahead of others in the UK by watching the US streams/rips but I know some will coughMcLongcough so don't expect to see me comment or even read this thread till Monday at the earliest.

Any questions for this series you want answers for? I'm sure you have all seen the hype videos by now (even with the god-awful Fray music) but if you haven't you should really check them out.
Fri 17/04/09 at 10:27
"possibly impossible"
It's getting clearer that all of them are linked to the island by birth, parents or something stronger and the island reclaims its own.

Whether Locke started out on the island or has a greater link than anyone else I don't know. Perhaps he was dead when the plane crashed the first time, as that's when he started walking?
Thu 16/04/09 at 03:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ButchML wrote:
> Next weeks episode is called 'Some like it Hoth', possibly a
> Star Wars reference although there is an Egyptian god called
> 'Thoth' that was in some way connected to Anubis who, we're
> assuming, was the jackal-headed character above smokeys grate.

It's a Star Wars reference.
I can see a lot of people not liking this weeks episode, especially after last weeks but i thought it was actually pretty good, although not massively important in the scale of things as not much happens.
Show Spoiler
Tue 14/04/09 at 17:51
Regular
Nin wrote:
> As Ben said, dead is dead. I'll be more surprised if John is
> actually alive.

Very good point. Was also the name of the episode (that really should have made it onto my list of 'main reasons').

All these things lead me to believe that we are supposed to think Locke is dead, and therefore surprised when we find out he isn't (if that happens).

It would really pain me if it turns out to be the other way around. And that the big shocker is that Locke is in fact Smokey* :O

*Are we making smokey sound a bit 'cute' with that nickname?
Tue 14/04/09 at 17:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
As Ben said, dead is dead. I'll be more surprised if John is actually alive.
Tue 14/04/09 at 16:26
Regular
The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that Locke is indeed Smokey:

- Locke saying to Ben that all he wanted was an apology.
- Locke appearing out of the jungle when Ben was expecting smokey.
- Locke conveniently not being around when smokey appeared.
- Locke being so sure of where they could find smokey.
- Ben saying he was positive that people couldn't come back to life.
- Etc etc.

Or is this what the writers want us to think?

I'm sure there will be some attempt to locate and open Locke's coffin sooner or later to confirm this...
Tue 14/04/09 at 15:55
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Another really good episode I thought, tied up lots of things for us with smokey and his summoning powers/home/whatever. I agree Ben getting a kicking off Desmond was rather awesome.

Regarding the Locke being smokey thing me and my mate came to that conclusion while watching on Sunday, however if it is being Locke it is acting differently than how it was acting when it 'was' Yemi. As Yemi it was fairly insistent on it not being the real Yemi and acting out of character, however Locke seems to be acting normally (with regards to looking out to sea eating fruit etc).

Next weeks episode is called 'Some like it Hoth', possibly a Star Wars reference although there is an Egyptian god called 'Thoth' that was in some way connected to Anubis who, we're assuming, was the jackal-headed character above smokeys grate.
Thu 09/04/09 at 03:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Very good episode, as expected after the build from last week. The only disappointment was how Widmore left the island.
Show Spoiler

The scene showing how Ben got beat up was seven shades of awesome.
Mon 06/04/09 at 13:03
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not very action packed you're right but it does move the story on nicely, I have to say I am now joining in your hatred of Jack club. Although, thinking about it because he was such a bell and refused to help Ben he helped create the manipulative man we all know and love.

We picked up on the Ellie/Charles line although I'm not so sure he is his dad, at the moment I'm still leaning toward Charles helping out Faraday just to get back at Ben for whatever stunt he pulled to get Charles off the island.

It was nice to see Miles confirm exactly how the time line works with this whole jumping through time thing, although as soon as Hurely brought up the question about why Ben didn't remember Sayid we knew it would be answered this week. This also goes some way to explaining why Ben claimed that he was "born on the island". Maybe he wasn't talking literally, more like a 'born again Christian' type deal, smokey showed him the light etc.

Looking forward to next week!
Thu 02/04/09 at 03:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I liked that episode, there isn't much action but it's a pivotal part in the entire story.
Show Spoiler

To paraphrase a friend, next week is going to be off the chain.

Thought i heard this last night, had to go back and check
Show Spoiler
Mon 30/03/09 at 15:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ButchML wrote:
> don't be so sure that nothing will
> happen as we already know from Faraday's meeting with Desmond
> aspects of the future can be changed by the surviors exploits in
> the past, although I strongly doubt that Ben will be killed off.

Eh? Daniel said if something happened, then it always happened. The Desmond incident always happened but Desmond didn't remember it due to some magicy time travel stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.