GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOST Season 5 ****SPOLIER US EPISODE THREAD****"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 17:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Wow, can't believe there isn't one of these running yet especially as one of the most popular TV shows is back (for the Yanks) tomorrow night!

Last year we had a successful thread where theories were discussed as well as thoughts on each episode, so why not one for this 17 episode run?

Personally I will be watching on Sky1 on Sunday and not jumping ahead of others in the UK by watching the US streams/rips but I know some will coughMcLongcough so don't expect to see me comment or even read this thread till Monday at the earliest.

Any questions for this series you want answers for? I'm sure you have all seen the hype videos by now (even with the god-awful Fray music) but if you haven't you should really check them out.
Tue 19/05/09 at 17:34
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:
> We didn't see Jacob actually die, did we? Just get stabbed.
> You'd think he would know what to expect, so perhaps it's a
> ruse.

And kicked into the fire.
I'm wondering whether all the Smokey hallucinations were part of a test. The man in black wants them to fail so he can kill them off but he has to play by the rules firstly and test them. He did say at the start as the Black Rock approaches something like "It always ends the same" when Jacob suggests they might help.
Tue 19/05/09 at 10:22
"possibly impossible"
Finally got around to watching that last double episode.

Loved it.

We didn't see Jacob actually die, did we? Just get stabbed. You'd think he would know what to expect, so perhaps it's a ruse.

I wonder if all the other dead people wondering the Island are the same entity? We had everyone from Jack's dad to Charlie, though he was seen by Hurley outside of the Island too.

What I'd still like explored is a bit more about Walt's powers. I know he was out of Lost very early on and only appeared briefly after that, but his power seems pretty interersting.
Tue 19/05/09 at 09:18
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Nin wrote:
> It was a great season but I was left a little unsatisfied by the
> ending as we have absolutely no idea what's coming next.

That's what I like about it, but more on that later.

What an episode! McLong had already watched the episode during the week so had warned me not to miss the 'previously on Lost' segmant at the beginning of the episode, glad I listened as it explained the past few seasons and seems to hint at where we are heading next year. My only complaint with this though it that it ruined the whole Locke mystery for me as I feel the answers became obvious after this.

I'm glad that it was confirmed that the ash surrounding the cabin was to keep something in or out, what we don't yet know but I'm assuming it wasn't good either way. Seems to me that Smokey, Christian and 'Locke' are either the same entity or working together to take control of the island, where Widmore comes into this know I am not certain.

Seeing Jacob off the island was certainly interesting, especially when interacting with Locke. He obviously knew that something was happening, probably whom to also. Bringing him back to life and with what he said to him suggests to me in the previous loops that were alluded to somebody is killed/possessed/used against thier will etc but Jacob's rival. I am also thinking that the other people he met (and so obviously had physical contact with) are the ones 'who are coming'.

Which leads me onto the end, if you ignore the fact that Juliet fell however many hundred of feet, followed by tonnes of metal and was still able to hit a bomb with a convient rock, it was rather good. Phil got what was coming to him, Pierre lost the use of his hand (a nod to the orientation videos with his fake arm) and a nice open ended finish. Did the bomb go off? Flash through time? Or was a EMP pulse? Based on what Jacob said earlier I'm assuming they flashed back forward into the 'present'. The only way in which I am annoyed by this ending is that we have to wait until February to find out exactly where we go from here!

Oh, and yey for Rose, Bernard and Vincent o/
Sat 16/05/09 at 12:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It was a great season but I was left a little unsatisfied by the ending as we have absolutely no idea what's coming next.
Show Spoiler
Fri 15/05/09 at 16:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
My word, that was the best season finale and in my opinion, best overall season of Lost yet. I was actually left speechless, but in a good way!

9 months now, yeah :( Is the next season the final one?
Thu 14/05/09 at 02:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The first two minutes are understatedly awesome and tell you a lot right away.

Show Spoiler

I totally called that ending. No more lost for 9 months now ;(
I can see a lot of people being unhappy with that ending, it feels incomplete.
Wed 13/05/09 at 16:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Finale tonight. Woo! My predictions are

The bomb plot will fail

Sawyer and Kate won't leave

Smokey will get Ben

Juliet will die

Jack won't die

Nin will be pi**ed off

John will kill Jacob, releasing his grip on the island and causing everyone to come back to the present
Mon 11/05/09 at 08:32
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Let's hope so. Last night was a typical 'lets get everybody travelling somewhere for the finale' episode. It seems obvious to me now that Jack and Sayid will eventually cause The Incident that will crash their plane. I very much doubt we will find out 'who' Jacob is although I am expecting Christian and Claire to be re-introduced ready for next season.

The only group I can't work out is Juliet, Sawyer and Kate. I was expecting Sawyer to leap off the sub and head to the beach (much like last season) but I'm guessing they are getting sent to Ann Arbor to see Faraday's research perhaps?

Was so sure last night that we would learn more about Richard apart from 'he's and advisor and had that for for a long time...'.
Thu 07/05/09 at 08:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It's all falling into place and the season finale next week should kick a**e.
Tue 05/05/09 at 18:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ButchML wrote:
> I'm assuming we are going to see some action from the 'present'
> this week as I strongly suspect they will have a part to play in
> the finale in a fortnight. Not sure about the memory loss thing
> though as it's only Daniel (and we would assume his assistant if
> she wasn't in a coma) that has displayed this and that was down
> to his time-travelling/phasing experiments.
>
> I still think that they are probably sent there by Dhamra (or
> some affiliate thereof) who want to take the island back.

I got the impression they were being manipulated back to the island the same was everyone else was. They didn't seem to have any idea about the plane crash. They seem a bit tribal though and they're certainly not working for Widmore and didn't know who Ben is. Sayid asked Illana while they were on the plane, she asked who he was and said she wouldn't work for a murderer anyway.
It's possible they're working for Dharma. Thinking back, Dharma were still sending food to the island as recently as the first plane crash. It's possible they thought Ben was still working for them until recently as Ben was bringing in people from the outside like Juliet, like Dharma did. He was also using their chalets, maybe just for keeping up appearances.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.