GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A writer's website with competitions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 09:55
Regular
Hey folks, just had an idea, wondered if there would be any level of interest.

I'm thinking of starting a new website featuring short stories and other such creative things.

Would anyone like to contribute to this for a small fee, if there was the chance of winning prizes?

Many writing competitions charge a few pounds to raise the prize money, so it would be something like a maximum of 100 entries, £3 each, 1st prize of £100, runners up prizes of £50, 2*£25, 5*£10. Or something.

Numerous contests every month, perhaps with different themes, and word limits. For instance, a very short story contest, entry just £1, but smaller prize. Writing to a specific theme too.

It wouldn't just be stories though, the kinds of things that many of us frequently write on this site, comical guides, fake news, serious topics.

So, who is interested, and who would honestly part with a little cash for the chance to win more?
Thu 17/04/03 at 17:08
Regular
"QPR 1974"
OK I won't bother, I don't see what the problem is anyway...

Cancel me out Meka
Thu 17/04/03 at 18:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
DEFINATELY is not a word.

Definitely, on the other hand...
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
Yeah, I probably would be interested. Though I would be more interested in being a judge of one of these compo's than competing :).
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:58
Regular
Without a doubt definitely.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:11
Regular
"QPR 1974"
El Blokey wrote:
> DEFINATELY is not a word.
>
> Definitely, on the other hand...

Well quite clearly it was a joke... hence me writing it once then again in capitals.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yes, I'd be interested.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Sfone, I think you're giving yourself too much credit saying that it was obviously a joke...
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:39
Regular
"QPR 1974"
OK it was a joke, but a little hard to understand. Better?
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'd be interested. I'm not sure how often I'd find the time to enter, but I'm definitely up for it.
Thu 17/04/03 at 22:01
"period drama"
Yeah, I'd be up for it.
If, of course, I didn't have to pay.

*Sob*
What a sad, penniless life I lead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.