GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmm... what to do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 00:42
Regular
I found a mobile phone today - same model as my own, a Sony CMD-J70.

It was just sitting on a wall as I walked past. It doesn't have a SIM card in it, so I don't know if it's been nicked or what.

I don't know whether to hand it in to the police or get unlocked and make use of it/flog it.

If I hand it in, I don't think it stands any chance of getting back to the owner - more likely it'll get scrapped or remain unclaimed and some copper will keep it for himself.

Or I can get it unlocked (it's on the dodgy Vodafone network) and either flog it or use it for spare parts... a spare battery would be nice, and save me buying one for £30-40.

Hmm...?
Mon 14/04/03 at 01:01
Regular
Keep it. It's yours under the law of the sea.
Mon 14/04/03 at 00:47
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Nuns do fart.

:oD
Mon 14/04/03 at 00:46
"High polygon count"
Herc, does your tagline mean that "nuns do fart", or that you are a nun's fart?

:-)
Mon 14/04/03 at 00:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Keep it. As you said, it wont get back to the owner unless the owner was a clever person who would actually go to the station, hoping that someone found it and kindly handed it in.

But a clever person wouldnt leave it on a wall.

So you have it.

And if you wont have it, send it to me.

*stomps foot*
Mon 14/04/03 at 00:42
"High polygon count"
I found a mobile phone today - same model as my own, a Sony CMD-J70.

It was just sitting on a wall as I walked past. It doesn't have a SIM card in it, so I don't know if it's been nicked or what.

I don't know whether to hand it in to the police or get unlocked and make use of it/flog it.

If I hand it in, I don't think it stands any chance of getting back to the owner - more likely it'll get scrapped or remain unclaimed and some copper will keep it for himself.

Or I can get it unlocked (it's on the dodgy Vodafone network) and either flog it or use it for spare parts... a spare battery would be nice, and save me buying one for £30-40.

Hmm...?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.