GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmm... what to do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 00:42
Regular
I found a mobile phone today - same model as my own, a Sony CMD-J70.

It was just sitting on a wall as I walked past. It doesn't have a SIM card in it, so I don't know if it's been nicked or what.

I don't know whether to hand it in to the police or get unlocked and make use of it/flog it.

If I hand it in, I don't think it stands any chance of getting back to the owner - more likely it'll get scrapped or remain unclaimed and some copper will keep it for himself.

Or I can get it unlocked (it's on the dodgy Vodafone network) and either flog it or use it for spare parts... a spare battery would be nice, and save me buying one for £30-40.

Hmm...?
Mon 14/04/03 at 11:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
monkey_man wrote:

> chain-mobile-thievery-ring.

i love the word (made up) thievery.
Mon 14/04/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Microwaves - nature's answer to everything. I agree!
Mon 14/04/03 at 11:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You could put it in a microwave.
Mon 14/04/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'd leave it on another wall, like some sort of chain-mobile-thievery-ring.
Mon 14/04/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
That's, uh, terrible Snuggly, yeah.
*Looks shifty*
Mon 14/04/03 at 10:34
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I mislaid my mobile once, and as it wasn't where I left it when I returned, it was technically nicked. I checked with the bus company and they didn't have it, so I checked with the police station and they didn't have it. It was a brand new phone, £130 with £30 insurance. Although I wasn't allowed to claim the insurance because I didn't report it as stolen within 24 hours (I was still looking for it) and it wasn't stolen from a locked box or glove compartment. What a crock, my fault for mislaying it admittedly, but still - bah.

Hand it in, you'll feel better for it. If you keep it, you're a crim and the Daily Mail will hound you until you leave the country.
Mon 14/04/03 at 10:27
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Tóm wrote:
> Don't they do the system where you hand it in and if no one collects
> it within 30 days, it's yours?
>
> Or is that just for money?

this might be true. it would be good if it was. a good moral and common sensical issue here.
Mon 14/04/03 at 10:08
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Keep it mate, the cops would just keep it for themselves anyway.
Mon 14/04/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Give it to me.
Yup, that's right.
It's mines, *honest*.
You found it in the, uh, thingy area, yeah?
I can't remember the name of the street...
Anyway, just give.
Mon 14/04/03 at 01:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Don't they do the system where you hand it in and if no one collects it within 30 days, it's yours?

Or is that just for money?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.