GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmm... what to do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 00:42
Regular
I found a mobile phone today - same model as my own, a Sony CMD-J70.

It was just sitting on a wall as I walked past. It doesn't have a SIM card in it, so I don't know if it's been nicked or what.

I don't know whether to hand it in to the police or get unlocked and make use of it/flog it.

If I hand it in, I don't think it stands any chance of getting back to the owner - more likely it'll get scrapped or remain unclaimed and some copper will keep it for himself.

Or I can get it unlocked (it's on the dodgy Vodafone network) and either flog it or use it for spare parts... a spare battery would be nice, and save me buying one for £30-40.

Hmm...?
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Probably seeing as there's no sim card.

I know if you hand money in you can keep it if no one claims it.
Mon 14/04/03 at 19:22
Regular
Hand it into the police. I think you get to keep it if no one has claimed it after a certain amount of time don't ya?
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I wait with glee for each one of you to have your mobile stolen.
> I'm sure when it happens, you'll all say 'well, I would have done the
> same.'

I have had mine stolen in the past - however there's a big difference between physically stealing it and finding one at the side of the road with no sim card in it.

The fact thats there's no sim card in the phone just seems plain strange to me.
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
As I said, if you can't live with the guilty conscience of keeping it - give it to me, I'll 'ave it.
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I wait with glee for each one of you to have your mobile stolen.
I'm sure when it happens, you'll all say 'well, I would have done the same.'

*waits with glee*
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Im sure people are being dishonest on here if they "don't keep it - hand it into the police, you'll have a clear concious"

Fook that -

Im sure if most poeple found say the value of the phone around - £50 lying on the side of a road your telling me they'd hand it in to the police?

Meh.

Wookie - you found it and it's up to you what you wanna do with it, if it were me i'd keep it and either use it for parts or sell it on.

Simple.
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:12
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
In that case you're much more of an honest person than me Sunggly.
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:02
"High polygon count"
Have to disagree with that - finding something isn't the same as nicking it.

By that reasoning, if I find a fiver fluttering down the street and don't hand it in to the police, I've effectively mugged somebody.
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:58
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Starlight wrote:
> Keep it. I would. If you lost your phone, what's the odds someone
> would hand it in.
>
> Plus it has no sim card so it's probably already stolen.

So using the hypothetical reasoning that if you lost your phone no one would hand it in, that makes it okay to do the same? That's crazy.

If you don't hand it in, you've stolen someone's mobile, and that makes you a criminal. Doesn't matter if 'they wouldn't hand yours in', if you keep it, you nicked it. End of story.
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:47
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Keep it. I would. If you lost your phone, what's the odds someone would hand it in.

Plus it has no sim card so it's probably already stolen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.