GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmm... what to do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 00:42
Regular
I found a mobile phone today - same model as my own, a Sony CMD-J70.

It was just sitting on a wall as I walked past. It doesn't have a SIM card in it, so I don't know if it's been nicked or what.

I don't know whether to hand it in to the police or get unlocked and make use of it/flog it.

If I hand it in, I don't think it stands any chance of getting back to the owner - more likely it'll get scrapped or remain unclaimed and some copper will keep it for himself.

Or I can get it unlocked (it's on the dodgy Vodafone network) and either flog it or use it for spare parts... a spare battery would be nice, and save me buying one for £30-40.

Hmm...?
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think most people would, they just don't admit to it.
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Call me what you like, but I would have kept the £70....
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:32
Regular
I found £70 in a shop...

I foolishly handed it to the lady behind the counter.

I should have taken it to the police station. Ah well, I still did sort of the right thing, by handing it in.
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I would keep the battery, and hand the rest of it in, saying that's how you found it. Everyone's a winner!
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:22
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Wookie, are you blind?
The simple answer has been laid infront of you several times.
Give the phone/banana to me.
So simple.
Oh, and I'll have some of that.
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:11
Regular
What's a rizler?
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Carbon Dioxide + Nun Fart + Rizler

Yes.
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:01
"High polygon count"
a) What the hell have you been smoking?

b) Can I have some?
Mon 14/04/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Selected"
I bet wookie left the phone on the wall himself and forgot. I bet this 'wall' was his kitchen top. I bet this 'phone' was a banana. After all, 'SIM' is an anagram of 'MIS' as in 'hit and miss' as in 'Hit Man'?

Murder. Solved.
Mon 14/04/03 at 21:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mystique wrote:
> Hand it into the police. I think you get to keep it if no one has
> claimed it after a certain amount of time don't ya?

Yep, i think after it remains unclaimed for 3 months it becomes the property of whoever handed it in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.