GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop destroying this forum."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 00:54
Regular
I got a lovely haircut
My console is da bestest evah
I fink god mayde a massive boldor - discuss

This is the sort of rubbish destroying this forum.
Really, it is. Times used to be you could come here and have a decent conversation about things on an adult level with other like-minded people capable of sentient awareness and able to string sentences together indicating complex thought patterns.
Take a look at the topics here now:

Revision Help
Jenson Button uses an Athlon (there's even a sport forum here)
Why do fruit polos hurt your mouth
What do I eat?
Considering growing a beard

It's turning into Fog Chat.
Yes I'm annoyed. Call it snobbish, call it what you want.
Why the hell should I have to deal with pointless gibbering about the most inane, purile, mindless idiocy it seems humans are able to muster.
We're in the middle of a war, and "haircuts"???
Go post this crap in chat, leave Life for people with a desire to work out the world and how they see it.

This crap is driving people away, it's ruining this place.
The movie forum is dead. It used to be fantastic, used to be absolutely worth reading. But slowly the gate was lifted and complete toss is there now.
"What's your favourite"
"Which band do you"
"Top 10"
That used to be good, quiet and for those able to use their thumbs to live indoors and use tools.
But it went the way of other edifices to intelligence.

And the same's happening here.
Maybe the post count is rising, and some of you feel you should post your utterly worthless stupidity in here because more people might see it?
Maybe, but the people that do are shaking their head and wondering how you haven't been eaten and assimilated into the pack for our progression through evolutionary stages.

Feel annoyed by this post?
Maybe that's because you know you're guilty of posting absolutely irrelevant stuff in this place and contributing to the rising tide of moron level writings.
"Goatboy just talks about the bloody war all the time"? That right?
Feel like pointing that out? Well before you do, go and do some research.
Then come back and post about Arie Fleischer's blunder concerning Bush's visit to Ireland to discuss the peace process.
I may talk about the war, but it's a damn sight more important than "mi teacher mayde me stay late! discuss" or whatever else profundity you feel fit to espouse today.

And what really annoys me, what really makes me want to smack a few of you in the face is this:
Snuggly tried to do something about it, something to prevent the stupid cowman posts that are rising each day.
And what happened? People screamed him down bleating about exclusions and unfairness.
And I said then and I'll repeat it now:

Don't moan because you feel slighted at being called stupid.
Raise your game so you see what pointless feculance is vomited up here in an ever increasing amount.
I'm taking a couple of days off, going somewhere where stupid kids dont feel the need to tell everyone about every single pointless little detail of their lives in the vain thought that someone cares.
We dont.
Post something interesting, something personal. Something that took thought, time and intelligence.

And I can see the indignant bed-wetting that will follow. Deal with it.
I won't apologise for being intelligent and wishing to have a forum where that's the norm instead of being drowned under waves of childish gurning.
Why should I have to wade through rivers of rubbish, just because you feel you shouldn't be left out of every single post going.

Jesus christ, go look at the Customer Service forum.
It's a joke. Maybe 1 in 5 posts is anything serious, and the replies are almost immediately from stupid posters. What gives you the right to just post willy-nilly? When will you take a moment before wadging the keys with your big sausage fingers and think "Maybe I dont belong in this thread?"
I'm amazed Flanders hasn't prayed for the destruction of a lot of people when they try and engage in religious theorising.
You can't even decide which game you like most, yet you feel able to tackle the largest questions that have eluded mankind since the dawn of time????

Don't make me laugh.
Learn to spell before you even think about tackling dogmatic principles and the notion of divinity.
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:58
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I come on here to post what I like, and read what I like, not complain
> that it's not good enough for me.
>
> Grow up.

I seem to remember you made quite an effort to round up all the 'good' posters onto this forum in the first place, in an effort to kickstart something substantially better than the dire state that FOG chat forum was in. It worked, too.

Yet you now no longer care what state any of the forums are in?

Your attitude's changed.

Being grown up isn't about accepting things, or not taking them too seriously.

I see it a little differently. This is a public place, fair enough. It's a public place I spend a lot of time at. Naturally, I'd like to keep it the way it is. Keep it how I like it. Is that so wrong or immature?

A park is a also public place. Certain people might gather in certain areas - some near the designated area for ball games, some near the chess tables. If I'm playing chess, I don't want brats kicking balls at me and screaming at each other. There are other places they can do that.

Hell, maybe you're right. Maybe I should just ignore them or move to a different park...
Tue 08/04/03 at 17:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ant wrote:

> The WWE Forum is actually full of intelligent conversation...it's just
> that the rest of you don't like what we're talking about. :D

One day I'm just gonna crack and go on a mad murderous rampage through that forum...

All the stuff I wanna say to you lot, I just can't hold it in!

Noooooooooooo!
Tue 08/04/03 at 17:43
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Hows about a new forum.
>
> Goatboys Dictatorship
>
> Where he has the power to destroy any topic or post he likes. Where
> he tells the people what they should talk about
>
> Its a vision.

I was thinking that too.

Do 'stupid' people make a fuss that there are too many 'intelligent' topics? No.

But yet the 'intelligent' people make a fuss that there are too many 'stupid' topics.

You work it out.

This forum is good. I like to post on here, and I won't bit part of this pathetic arguement.

I come on here to post what I like, and read what I like, not complain that it's not good enough for me.

Grow up.
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
Thats why I'd prefer to talk in
> Chat anyway, it's more laid back.

Go on then - off you go - don't let us keep you.
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:32
"Uzi Lover"
And just to add, if everyones so bothered about where topics go in these forums then why are the majority of 'Long' and 'Interesting' stories making their way in here?

REVOLT! REVOLT!

People shouldn't have to come in here and be worried if their reply/topic meets a certain criteria. Thats why I'd prefer to talk in Chat anyway, it's more laid back.

But then you have the merging of Future Of Gaming (FOG) and Chat. Which causes and new MOAN MOAN MOAN.
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:26
"Uzi Lover"
Haircuts are Life anyway. It was a short and simple topic with the purpose to start a discussion about hair.

No need to sit down here and read something for 10 minutes and no need for El Blokey to sit and write it all out, he came straight to the point to what it was about. And hey, people started discussing and I was going to at some point.

Nothing wrong with it.

There are stupid topics that make their way in here though which aren't about Life. If it's not about Games, not about Music, not about Movies and not about Sport, it gets dumped here. Life and 'Everything'. If I was new and saw that I'd come in here putting in stuff I didn't see suitable to go in the other forums.
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:18
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
MWA is right. Most other forums have an 'Off Topic' forum for everything that doesn't fit in elsewhere. As Life had 'Life and EVERYTHING' in the title, it would suggest stuff like haircuts would go in here. And it was a perfectly legitimate topic, so if you're too elitist to handle a few fun topics then there's loads of other forums out there with sourpusses for you to converse with.
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:10
"Uzi Lover"
Maybe if they had a forum called 'General Bullcrap' then people wouldn't pull a mental.

You see, I'm confused. In this post Goatboy tells of how El Blokey's post about Haircuts should be in Chat. Where as, if someone posted something like that in Chat El Blokey would drop in, not for a friendly "Hi", but instead to say "Is this about the future of games? No! Put it in Life, or somewhere else".

So maybe the General Bullcrap forum is a good idea, or maybe people should just keep the general bullcrap to themselves?
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
The sagacious one wrote:
> I for one have been guilty of posting random cr*p in the SR Customer
> section and in the WWE but that has often been a provoked response,
> frustrated by the Ameoba colony that seem to be mutliplying throughout
> the site.

*Ahem*

The WWE Forum is actually full of intelligent conversation...it's just that the rest of you don't like what we're talking about. :D

Humm...just re-read that and realised you're not really taking a dig at the WWE Forum, but ah well, I'll make my point anyway. :P
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
"if gawd is all powerful then can he make a bolder more power than him?"

...At least learn about what you're talking about first. And think about the people you might be talking to.

I would agree on most points, although I think topics like "Revision Help" are fine. After all, GCSEs are a huge part of our lives (well my generation anyway) and I would certainly appreciate some revision help. {:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.