GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop destroying this forum."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 00:54
Regular
I got a lovely haircut
My console is da bestest evah
I fink god mayde a massive boldor - discuss

This is the sort of rubbish destroying this forum.
Really, it is. Times used to be you could come here and have a decent conversation about things on an adult level with other like-minded people capable of sentient awareness and able to string sentences together indicating complex thought patterns.
Take a look at the topics here now:

Revision Help
Jenson Button uses an Athlon (there's even a sport forum here)
Why do fruit polos hurt your mouth
What do I eat?
Considering growing a beard

It's turning into Fog Chat.
Yes I'm annoyed. Call it snobbish, call it what you want.
Why the hell should I have to deal with pointless gibbering about the most inane, purile, mindless idiocy it seems humans are able to muster.
We're in the middle of a war, and "haircuts"???
Go post this crap in chat, leave Life for people with a desire to work out the world and how they see it.

This crap is driving people away, it's ruining this place.
The movie forum is dead. It used to be fantastic, used to be absolutely worth reading. But slowly the gate was lifted and complete toss is there now.
"What's your favourite"
"Which band do you"
"Top 10"
That used to be good, quiet and for those able to use their thumbs to live indoors and use tools.
But it went the way of other edifices to intelligence.

And the same's happening here.
Maybe the post count is rising, and some of you feel you should post your utterly worthless stupidity in here because more people might see it?
Maybe, but the people that do are shaking their head and wondering how you haven't been eaten and assimilated into the pack for our progression through evolutionary stages.

Feel annoyed by this post?
Maybe that's because you know you're guilty of posting absolutely irrelevant stuff in this place and contributing to the rising tide of moron level writings.
"Goatboy just talks about the bloody war all the time"? That right?
Feel like pointing that out? Well before you do, go and do some research.
Then come back and post about Arie Fleischer's blunder concerning Bush's visit to Ireland to discuss the peace process.
I may talk about the war, but it's a damn sight more important than "mi teacher mayde me stay late! discuss" or whatever else profundity you feel fit to espouse today.

And what really annoys me, what really makes me want to smack a few of you in the face is this:
Snuggly tried to do something about it, something to prevent the stupid cowman posts that are rising each day.
And what happened? People screamed him down bleating about exclusions and unfairness.
And I said then and I'll repeat it now:

Don't moan because you feel slighted at being called stupid.
Raise your game so you see what pointless feculance is vomited up here in an ever increasing amount.
I'm taking a couple of days off, going somewhere where stupid kids dont feel the need to tell everyone about every single pointless little detail of their lives in the vain thought that someone cares.
We dont.
Post something interesting, something personal. Something that took thought, time and intelligence.

And I can see the indignant bed-wetting that will follow. Deal with it.
I won't apologise for being intelligent and wishing to have a forum where that's the norm instead of being drowned under waves of childish gurning.
Why should I have to wade through rivers of rubbish, just because you feel you shouldn't be left out of every single post going.

Jesus christ, go look at the Customer Service forum.
It's a joke. Maybe 1 in 5 posts is anything serious, and the replies are almost immediately from stupid posters. What gives you the right to just post willy-nilly? When will you take a moment before wadging the keys with your big sausage fingers and think "Maybe I dont belong in this thread?"
I'm amazed Flanders hasn't prayed for the destruction of a lot of people when they try and engage in religious theorising.
You can't even decide which game you like most, yet you feel able to tackle the largest questions that have eluded mankind since the dawn of time????

Don't make me laugh.
Learn to spell before you even think about tackling dogmatic principles and the notion of divinity.
Tue 08/04/03 at 22:32
Regular
"cachoo"
Grix Thraves wrote:
There is beauty in everything. What may seem the most simple of things to you, may be the most important of things to others. Because of Goatboy's very selfish actions on here today, this whole bloody place has gone into titsville.

I wanted to write something like that earlier but it wouldn't sound as good as that.. And it would've been .. unintelligent.

So, I'll just say..
Well said. Simple enough.

I agree though. The topics on this forum like what Goatboy mentioned probably aren't suitable, but it makes a change to see something cheerful from monkey_man and other people, rather than stuff about War.

But hey, that's just one persons' opinion.
Tue 08/04/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Selected"
thats enough bs from Grix Thraves.

What really needs to be said is this: Goatboy - YOUR AN IDIOT.

I've seen your complaints before about 'stupid topics' that appear in this forum and you CONSTANTLY make the empty stereotype that they revolve around "which console iz tha best" (ok, you use varitations of this phrase but thats the way you type it!!!) even though, after nearly a year being on these forums, I have NEVER....I REPEAT NEEEEEEEVER seen a topic called this or spelt this way or for that matter ANYTHING like this in this forum! Pull your little skirt up and stop being such an Internet hero you gimp!! Maybe you should stop crying about how people you DON'T KNOW aren't at your intelect level and get some smart friends...

I've got something for you to intelligantly discuss, Goatboy:
YOUR A MORON.
Tue 08/04/03 at 21:20
Regular
VenomByte wrote:

"I see it a little differently. This is a public place, fair enough. It's a public place I spend a lot of time at. Naturally, I'd like to keep it the way it is. Keep it how I like it. Is that so wrong or immature?"

"A park is a also public place. Certain people might gather in certain areas - some near the designated area for ball games, some near the chess tables. If I'm playing chess, I don't want brats kicking balls at me and screaming at each other. There are other places they can do that."

But that's the thing. That's the real thing that gets me.

Let's, for a moment, assume that the Life forum is a park. Not all the forums as a whole, just the Life forum.

Ok. Now, lots of people on here like to discuss the war. That's lovely, and I leave them to it. The wars topics get a lot of replies, but I never really touch them.

You know what gets to me? The fact that people on here judge INTELLECT by the sort of things they are PASSIONATE for talking about!

This forum is a forum of passion, no more, no less. You know what makes me happy? Other people being happy.

And if people are happy to talk about the war, then hell, let them talk about it. If people are happy to talk about how their cheese has gone off and has stunk the whole room out, or how they think they'll look sexy in a beard so they're going to try growing one, then I think that's fantastic.

IB put it superbly not so long back.

There is beauty in everything. What may seem the most simple of things to you, may be the most important of things to others. Because of Goatboy's very selfish actions on here today, this whole bloody place has gone into titsville.

Now, for me, I find it much easier to see beauty in people who talk about beards and jelly and cheese, than to see beauty in people who rant and rave about how pathetic mankind is.

If you want to define life to me, go ahead. Tell me exactly how to play. What the hell is the problem?

If you want to talk about cheese, talk about cheese. If you want to discuss the war, discuss the war.

This is why I wanted people here. The forums here are all centred around a single issue, things that make people passionate. Music brings out passion in people, games bring out passion in people, stories bring out passion in people. If you want to talk about those things, then go to those forums.

This however, is a different forum. That's why I bought people here. If this forum is about a single issue, it's about passion. It's about what we love in life. It's about what we FEEL we NEED to discuss. Maybe we can open your eyes, maybe we can make you think, maybe we can make you feel, cry, laugh. That's the beauty of this forum. There are no rules, and that's the dream I saw when I brought people here.

My attitude has far from changed. It's simply opened up.

If you, seriously, are unable to find the courage to write a topic about what YOU want to discuss, then it is of no more fault than your own. If nobody replies to that topic, well, maybe you're alone in wanting to discuss that.

However, if a SINGLE person replies, then the topic was a success... no?

This forum is NOT about intelligent discussion. Intelligent discussion is part of life, not a way of life. If you want to live that way, sure, go ahead. Post nothing but intelligent discussion and talk amongst yourselves.

But if for one second you try to convince me that talking about the war is more important in life than talking about someone wanting to grow a beard, then I can tell you right now you have a LOT to open your eyes to.

Because you know what?

We're talking.

We're just discussing.

We're simply writing words on a screen, and people ALL over the world are reading them, and thinking about them, and replying to them.

We sit here, talk, and we keep ourselves happy. We aren't really changing the world, but we're growing. That's all.

You want to grow somewhere else? Take yourself and leave. But I have in true honesty, never found a greater place for you to learn more about yourself. These forums are beautiful, and they are full of amazing people. Some may talk about politics, some may talk about yogurt pots, but variety is the key to life.

Variety is the key to life. You want to play chess? Make a topic. Designate a little section. You want to kick a ball? Designate a little section. Some days are slow, some days are fast. Don't judge an entire lifetime on a single bloody thing.

Jesus.

I still stand by my point. Grow up. This is the LIFE forum. Not the 'intelligent discussion' forum.
Tue 08/04/03 at 20:38
Regular
I miss the old style of the Movies forum, this is true. I remember a certain massive argument over Lord of the Rings. That was cool. Now I've stopped posting on SR frequently. Don't really know why.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Venom - I don't remember anything from FOG Chat because I never go there.

I doubt everyone was actually dull for a great length of time.

Plus I wasn't being serious :)
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:35
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I am the law. Now go about your business.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Blank wrote:
> All applaud Grix's post. I don't like the less interesting topics, but
> the best bet is for everyone else to be a little more dull and the
> people who make these topics will go away.

No they won't. The same thing happened in FOG quite some time ago, if you remember.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sorry if my life means nothing then.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
All applaud Grix's post. I don't like the less interesting topics, but the best bet is for everyone else to be a little more dull and the people who make these topics will go away.

Also, does this topic not add to the spam?
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:03
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Best way to stop destroying the forum = nobody post anything at all, whatsoever, hell it makes not a shred of difference anyway and no one ever changes their minds about anything, ever.

If you agree with Goatboy, and a few others, you're intelligent, disagree and you're an infant......ho hum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.