GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop destroying this forum."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 00:54
Regular
I got a lovely haircut
My console is da bestest evah
I fink god mayde a massive boldor - discuss

This is the sort of rubbish destroying this forum.
Really, it is. Times used to be you could come here and have a decent conversation about things on an adult level with other like-minded people capable of sentient awareness and able to string sentences together indicating complex thought patterns.
Take a look at the topics here now:

Revision Help
Jenson Button uses an Athlon (there's even a sport forum here)
Why do fruit polos hurt your mouth
What do I eat?
Considering growing a beard

It's turning into Fog Chat.
Yes I'm annoyed. Call it snobbish, call it what you want.
Why the hell should I have to deal with pointless gibbering about the most inane, purile, mindless idiocy it seems humans are able to muster.
We're in the middle of a war, and "haircuts"???
Go post this crap in chat, leave Life for people with a desire to work out the world and how they see it.

This crap is driving people away, it's ruining this place.
The movie forum is dead. It used to be fantastic, used to be absolutely worth reading. But slowly the gate was lifted and complete toss is there now.
"What's your favourite"
"Which band do you"
"Top 10"
That used to be good, quiet and for those able to use their thumbs to live indoors and use tools.
But it went the way of other edifices to intelligence.

And the same's happening here.
Maybe the post count is rising, and some of you feel you should post your utterly worthless stupidity in here because more people might see it?
Maybe, but the people that do are shaking their head and wondering how you haven't been eaten and assimilated into the pack for our progression through evolutionary stages.

Feel annoyed by this post?
Maybe that's because you know you're guilty of posting absolutely irrelevant stuff in this place and contributing to the rising tide of moron level writings.
"Goatboy just talks about the bloody war all the time"? That right?
Feel like pointing that out? Well before you do, go and do some research.
Then come back and post about Arie Fleischer's blunder concerning Bush's visit to Ireland to discuss the peace process.
I may talk about the war, but it's a damn sight more important than "mi teacher mayde me stay late! discuss" or whatever else profundity you feel fit to espouse today.

And what really annoys me, what really makes me want to smack a few of you in the face is this:
Snuggly tried to do something about it, something to prevent the stupid cowman posts that are rising each day.
And what happened? People screamed him down bleating about exclusions and unfairness.
And I said then and I'll repeat it now:

Don't moan because you feel slighted at being called stupid.
Raise your game so you see what pointless feculance is vomited up here in an ever increasing amount.
I'm taking a couple of days off, going somewhere where stupid kids dont feel the need to tell everyone about every single pointless little detail of their lives in the vain thought that someone cares.
We dont.
Post something interesting, something personal. Something that took thought, time and intelligence.

And I can see the indignant bed-wetting that will follow. Deal with it.
I won't apologise for being intelligent and wishing to have a forum where that's the norm instead of being drowned under waves of childish gurning.
Why should I have to wade through rivers of rubbish, just because you feel you shouldn't be left out of every single post going.

Jesus christ, go look at the Customer Service forum.
It's a joke. Maybe 1 in 5 posts is anything serious, and the replies are almost immediately from stupid posters. What gives you the right to just post willy-nilly? When will you take a moment before wadging the keys with your big sausage fingers and think "Maybe I dont belong in this thread?"
I'm amazed Flanders hasn't prayed for the destruction of a lot of people when they try and engage in religious theorising.
You can't even decide which game you like most, yet you feel able to tackle the largest questions that have eluded mankind since the dawn of time????

Don't make me laugh.
Learn to spell before you even think about tackling dogmatic principles and the notion of divinity.
Wed 09/04/03 at 17:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The thing is, there is no spam in this forum. There can't be. In the Nintendo forum, for example, anything not Nintendo related would be spam. In Life? Everything's to do with life. Even death. Nothing you can talk about isn't to do with life in some way. Now it's even got "and Everything" on it, which rules out even the slightest possibility of spam.

However I do find multiple food topics per day reeeeally annoying.
Wed 09/04/03 at 16:18
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
If it was something trivial like 'your a Man Utd fan, right?' maybe it would just pass over, but when calling someone a moron you really should check over your post ;-)
Wed 09/04/03 at 14:30
"Darth Vader 3442321"
You sure showed me.
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Selected"
mikelar wrote:
> I'm sorry sagacrious...

thats what you get!
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Selected"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Shouldn't that be you're? And the statement would be more aptly
> applied to other people, I would presume.

I'm sorry sagacrious "Captain Grammar" one, I didn't realise this was an English class, maybe you'd like to point out how I used too many E's in 'never' as well...or you could just stop kissing a*s...

-End of argument and posting in this stupid topic-

*runs outside into the sunshine*
Wed 09/04/03 at 10:00
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I've seen Goatboy post so-called trivial stuff, like the one about the buffet causing uncontrollable "ring-wraiths" to issue from his backside.
Wed 09/04/03 at 09:16
"Darth Vader 3442321"
mikelar wrote:

> I've got something for you to intelligantly discuss, Goatboy:
> YOUR A MORON.

Shouldn't that be you're? And the statement would be more aptly applied to other people, I would presume.
Tue 08/04/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm

Oh well, the new name is pretty crap.
Tue 08/04/03 at 23:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Fact: There is more spam in this forum than there used to be.

Fact: There are more thought-provoking and intelligent posts in here than there used to be.

I think we'd all like to think this forum is perhaps the most entertaining of the ones left, and I for one would like to keep it that way. But the problem is how people perceive other people's posts - one man's skate video or food topic is another man's spam. There's no way around it I'm afraid.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion, and far from being spam, it's nice to see everyone's thoughts in this thread, some people really are quite passionate about the Life forum, and I hope it stays that way.

And at the end of the day, wouldn't you rather go outside in the sunshine than argue about an internet chat forum? I think that's something we can all agree on.
Tue 08/04/03 at 22:33
Regular
Grix is a legend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.