GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is your God- Carlton Cole"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/03 at 17:40
Regular
Oh well

I do beleive that is 6 goals in 14 appearances for chelsea and only one start!

Lets pick a random striker who the media like:

Roonaldo 6 goals in 30 appearances for everton and a rather less impressive 11 starts.

Who has the better strike ratio.

Answers on a post card to the Carlton cole should be in the England team society, Stamford bridge, london.
Sat 12/04/03 at 17:06
Regular
come an worship people. he has done it again.

Now to think up an amusing Roonaldo style nick name
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ashley wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
>
> Because he only usually comes on with 10 minutes to go with the
> match
> usually won and the United team barely bothering to attack
>
> stick to basketball mate! he had over 600 mintues on the clock before
> he scored!

Ok then maybe it wasn't 10 and i was being a little biased but he was only getting 20 minutes a game at a maximum coming on as sub with occasional starts chucked in. So 20 minutes over 30 games is 600 minutes (probably wrong my maths is terrible) before finally getting his first. I still don't think coming on with 20 minutes to go where he will only get about 1 or 2 chances is enough to be calling him terrible. Sure if he had started 30 games and not scored it would have been a different story and i'd be calling for him to sold as quickly as possible.
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:41
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
>
> Because he only usually comes on with 10 minutes to go with the match
> usually won and the United team barely bothering to attack

stick to basketball mate! he had over 600 mintues on the clock before he scored!
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:39
Regular
sorry my post got cut of. I was going to include Beattie as i think he is a top player but i posted by accident and my computer crashed.

Yep beattie should be in there. Rooney, defoe and cole should be made to compete with Owen and Vassell the only definite choices, with Beattie in there on form.

Anyway here are cole and Rooneys records:

Cole:

3 in 10 (2 starts)in the prem
1 in 2 in the fa cup
2 n 1 in the league cup

Rooney

5 in 27 (8 starts)in the prem
0 in 1 in the fa cup
2 in 3 in the wortington cup

so on that

Cole has scoredat a rate twice as many on league appearances. 4or 5 times as many for starts. 3 times the rate in the league. and infinitely more in the league cup.

Although stats can be used to prove most things and obviously some are stupid like the fa cup and worthington cup, in nonetheless shows he at least deserves his chance.
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:37
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Ashley wrote:
> then please explain to me how Diego Forlan is utter tripe yet has
> arguably the best midfield in the world behind him.

Eh? That's agreeing with me. You can be average and look good with a decent midfield, but then if you're total rubbish (like Diego) nothing can help you.

> Agree that Rooney should be in the england team but i am irritated
> that clear talent also gets ignored in place of media hype. Rooney may
> even be a slightly better player (and i am not saying he is) but
> others deserve a chance before him.

Like who? Carlton Cole? Rooney is a better player than Cole, and thus gets his chance before him. The argument here should surely be why is Owen still up front for England over arguably a better finisher (Beattie), someone with better international form and workrate (Vassell) or on form (Defoe)?
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ashley wrote:

> then please explain to me how Diego Forlan is utter tripe yet has
> arguably the best midfield in the world behind him.

Because he only usually comes on with 10 minutes to go with the match usually won and the United team barely bothering to attack. Whenever he has been given a chance he has taken it only then to be dropped back down to the bench for some reason only known to Ferguson so he hasn't been able to get a good run of games going.
However he still managed to score 6 goals in 34 games i think it was with this method, which is around the same tally as Rooney, only Rooney gets hailed as the second coming and Forlan gets laughed at.

I'm a big fan of Forlan's work-rate and believe if given at least 5-6 games upfront with Ruud in a 4-4-2 he'd be banging them in like i know he's capable of.
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Remember goals on there own don't make a great striker!

Look at Rooney on his England debut. He didn't score, but had chances, was extremely influential gaining him man of the match, and he showed tremendous skill.
Sun 06/04/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I was at that match yesterday, and he played brilliantly.
Certainly an upcoming star.
Sun 06/04/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Surely Beattie should be given a chance over Cole.
Sun 06/04/03 at 19:52
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> I agree with the midfield argument. Stick Carlton Cole in the Everton
> side and see how he does.
>
> Rooney can run at players, has pace, strength and natural ability.
>
> Cole just has ability and a bit of strength. Stick him in the Under
> 21s, fine, but Rooney's shown he's better for England in two games
> than Heskey ever has, or will.

then please explain to me how Diego Forlan is utter tripe yet has arguably the best midfield in the world behind him.

Agree that Rooney should be in the england team but i am irritated that clear talent also gets ignored in place of media hype. Rooney may even be a slightly better player (and i am not saying he is) but others deserve a chance before him.

If i had my way and its probably a good thing i haven't the next england squad would look like this for forwards:

Owen
Vassell
Rooney
Defoe
Cole

And that way actually we might get some players with a future on to the pitch.

Oh and by the way:

against premiership opposition this season (including prem cup clashes):

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.