GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is your God- Carlton Cole"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/03 at 17:40
Regular
Oh well

I do beleive that is 6 goals in 14 appearances for chelsea and only one start!

Lets pick a random striker who the media like:

Roonaldo 6 goals in 30 appearances for everton and a rather less impressive 11 starts.

Who has the better strike ratio.

Answers on a post card to the Carlton cole should be in the England team society, Stamford bridge, london.
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:40
Regular
Oh well

I do beleive that is 6 goals in 14 appearances for chelsea and only one start!

Lets pick a random striker who the media like:

Roonaldo 6 goals in 30 appearances for everton and a rather less impressive 11 starts.

Who has the better strike ratio.

Answers on a post card to the Carlton cole should be in the England team society, Stamford bridge, london.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Carlton Cole is only more successful because Chelsea have a better midfield than Everton. If Everton had someone like Beckham in midield Rooney would score more.
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Carlton Cole is talented no denying that, but he has not just suddenly burst onto the scene like Rooney did. He is 19 now I believe and has had more first team football having been on loans to places like wolves.

I couldn’t see Cole bossing a game in the way I have seen Rooney do for Everton (albeit for only 65 minutes before he becomes tired). As I already have said Cole has talent, but I don’t think he has the natural ability that Rooney has.
Sun 06/04/03 at 10:22
Regular
utter tripe! carlton cole A) scored more all but yesterdays goals BEFORE his loan! B) Even including his loan he has still had fewer first team appearances (and an additional (all be it first division) goal).

The better midfield argument (which is the reason van nistelrooy has been scoring) fails to hold water because, what is a pretty crap midfield at everton has been performing surprisingly well, which shows by evertons league position and the amount of play getting through to campbell and radzinski.

"I couldn’t see Cole bossing a game in the way I have seen Rooney do"

I haven't seen cole do anythhing else but this. 4th game of the season when we played Man utd he destroyed them. He is good in the air and 6 foot 3. Can take men on like rooney and can finish much better, plus is learning from Hasselbaink, Zola and gudjohnsen who are 3 of the best strikers in the league. If i was a major club and hype and sponsor/shirt sales weren't an issue, i know who i'd sign.

Carlton cole will be an international, he'd probably already be one if he hadn't of picked up that injury earlier in the season
Sun 06/04/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
i'd like to see Cole get a chance to play for England.

The reason Rooney is 'ahead' of him is because of media hype.
Sun 06/04/03 at 13:39
Regular
Ashley wrote:
4th game of the season
> when we played Man utd he destroyed them.

EH?!?!?!?!?

Am i right in thinking Carlton Cole has only actually scored 2 premiership goals this season? Against the might of sunderland and charlton...

Compared with Rooney scoring against the champions home and away...
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Baros!!!"
When I watch him at Wolves earlier in the season, he looked worser than Heskey.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:37
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I agree with the midfield argument. Stick Carlton Cole in the Everton side and see how he does.

Rooney can run at players, has pace, strength and natural ability.

Cole just has ability and a bit of strength. Stick him in the Under 21s, fine, but Rooney's shown he's better for England in two games than Hesky ever has, or will.
Sun 06/04/03 at 16:33
Regular
Add Newcastle to Rooney's goalscoring list ;)
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:10
Regular
Carlton Cole is a top player.

Wayne Rooney is a top player.

Stick both in the England squad, play them half each. Should get a fairly decent run out from both players.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.