GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 19:36
Regular
Arsenal vs Chelsea.

Come on Arsenal.

Who do you lot want to win?
Sat 29/03/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
In recent years I don't think there's any striker in the world as good as Cantona.

With regards to Ruud - he his moments of magic, as Ortega says his recent goal against Fulham proves that. However there's a lot more to Ruud than just scoring goals, his strength at holding the ball and making space for others is phenominal and people forget that a lot of the time he has been playing as the sole striker for United with Scholes floating around behind him, yet Ruud still scores so many goals.
Sat 29/03/03 at 11:50
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
I remember Cantona *nearly* scoring a truely brilliant goal but he was stopped by the woodwork. Van the man may be good but he is nowhere near as good as Cantona. And I'm no red, as you know.....
Sat 29/03/03 at 01:09
Regular
Van is the man in the box yes.

But he has shown his moments of magic. Just look at his class goal against Basle and his truly wonder goal against Fulham last week.

And anyone remember last season in the league at Old trafford (cant remember who it was against) but Veron chipped the ball into Van Nistelrooy with his back to goal, at the edge of the area, and pulled off a spectacular overhead kick only to be denied by the woodwork. Would have been goal of the season no doubt....
Fri 28/03/03 at 23:59
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I agree that from a viewing perspective Henry is better to watch than RVN... imagine a travelling circus with Henry as the star attraction, chadwick as 'the unfortunate one' and Lee Hughes as 'the guy that cant hit a cows butt with a banjo' then ofcourse theres jeffers as the clown that keeps falling over.
Fri 28/03/03 at 22:35
Back to goal poaching, AC Milan have the worst offender of the lot. Filippo Inzaghi. I HATE him. Shevchenko is so much better, and scores interesting goals rather than poaching Inzaghi's. Did anyone se his against Juventus? He scuffed a shot, and rolled it under Buffon's legs, before punching Montero in the face. Bah. Ok back to the point, I prefer Henry, but Van Nistelrooij is good at what he does, and as a bonus, he can header. So he is probably a better all-round striker, but I still like Henry, as he is better to watch.
Fri 28/03/03 at 22:33
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I have to disagree with that.

There are many many examples but heres just one, Pele... the greatest footballer that ever lived in many peoples eyes, he is a very humble man with no streak of arrogance.

Only arrogant people say you need to be arrogant, they are trying to justify their self arrogance.
Fri 28/03/03 at 21:47
"High polygon count"
As Beckham said in a recent interview (not an exact quote, but near enough):

"Yes, Arsenal are arrogant. But so are we. You need an arrogant streak to be successful."
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:52
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Sorry for any confusion, im a Birmingham City fan... i got nothing against Man Utd or Arsenal as a whole but i will be honest and say that some of the Arsenal team are too arrogant by far.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:52
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
By the way rabid, who do you support.

I thought it was Man Utd.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I'm not saying Nistelrooy isn't good at what he does, I'm just saying that I can't see why some people rate him so highly.
Nistelrooy did say that his ideal strike partner would be Henry, because they are so different in the way they play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.