GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War on Iraq thread.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
Looked through and can't find any other thread like this, just plenty of single threads making a few points.

Try keep it all in here just to clear up this forum a bit and prevent information being posted more than once.

Anyone being watching the news at the moment. About the possibility of the pilots being captured in Baghdad. The news shows Iraq soldiers shooting around the area near the edge of the river and setting fire to some fo the bushes.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
;)

I'll get you the full stats from tommorow's Metro.. as usual
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Another 2 British die in friendly fire... how many more c***-ups can they make??!

And, no, it's a theoretical red line. Obviously.
Tue 25/03/03 at 16:04
"slightlyshortertagl"
TÞhi wrote:
> Iraq says a red line has been drawn around Baghdad.

A real red line? As in drawn on the ground?
Tue 25/03/03 at 12:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
This should have been in the last post, im sorry, but I had to write something about the "red line" as soon as possible, it being major news.

Also, is Terry Lloyd in the tally? I think he should be, and the two missing companions of his too.
Tue 25/03/03 at 12:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
CHEMICAL WEAPONS WARNING GIVEN BY IRAQ

Iraq says a red line has been drawn around Baghdad. If and when coalition forces cross this, the royal guard has been authorised to use chemical weapons.

In other Iraq news, the huge sandstorm is still hampering progress to Bagdad, Basra is now a "military objective" and another UK soldier has died in combat (add that to the tally).
Tue 25/03/03 at 10:10
Regular
I can see how they get the Allied troop figures right.

But how can we know for sure about the Iraqi people ones? Like the point I raised before but also would it not be in Iraqs best interest to report more civillian lives being taken to try and drum up more anti-war support across the world?
Tue 25/03/03 at 08:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
This mornings' latest figures...

Total causalties on both sides since the start of the war:

Number of US Casualties: 21 (12 in combat and 7 accidental and 2 missing)
Number of British Casualties: 19 (1 in combat and 16 accidental and 2 missing)
Number of Iraqi troops killed: 70
Number of Iraqi civilians killed: 147
Tue 25/03/03 at 08:22
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
AliBoy wrote:
> Also makes me think how many of the iraq civilians that are claimed to
> have been killed are actually civilians who were just unfortunate or
> whether they were soldiers dressed as civillians or armed civillians..

Yeah, there was something in the news about an interview a reporter had done.
He was supposedly interviewing an injured civilian, and well, the interview was going well. But then he spotted something peeping out from under this 'civilians' mattress. It was a uniform.

Who's to say any of these 'injured civilians' are infact civilians?

Another thing.
Iraqi troops have also been using civilian vehicles to fire from, and megring in with civilian crowds, and are putting their own people at risk.
Yet Saddam was doing a speech about how believers will succeede and how they'll survive? *Shakes Head*

It's just starting to settle in how ruthless this war is really.
I saw the video with the troops (with audio, and for a second time surprisingly), and most were 20-23. The woman is 30. But still, they are so young. They must be absolutely terrified. And also with the executed soldiers, exectued by a single shot to the head apparently.

Lets just hope the POW's get out of there alive.
Sadly, there's not much chance of it...
Mon 24/03/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
http://www.asociety.com/geneva1.html

About the geneva convention which gets mentioned quite a bit on the news. Thought some of you might be interested to know what it is and what info it contains.

Seems the latest claims are Iraq troops are using white flags or are dressing as civilians to lure allied troops into danger.

Also makes me think how many of the iraq civilians that are claimed to have been killed are actually civilians who were just unfortunate or whether they were soldiers dressed as civillians or armed civillians..
Mon 24/03/03 at 20:33
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I initially supported the war against Saddam, but not whole-heartedly. Now I've heard of the immensely frightening threat of Saddam joining forces with North Korea I support George W. Bush and Tony Blair sincerely. It would undoubtedly unleash a third world war, and with the weapons these leaders have nowadays, it could also mean the apocolypse.

Plus, I don't think America should take Saddam so lightly. He must be a seriously clever man if he's managed to stay alive this long. You've seen those ranting Iraqi civilians on the news haven't you, saying they apparently support the military action been taken on Saddam, almost overwhelming the troops. Well, I think they should be very cautious of these people because Saddam has reinforced the essentials of guerilla warfare the Vietnamese used against America in the '60s, where a simply dressed civilian could easily be an Iraqi soldier and blast their deceived enemies away.

That's how a few American soldiers have already been killed in this war, from plain civilians pretending to surrender and then giving a surprise attack.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.