GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life forum regulars - opinion please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 22:07
Regular
Hi people, I've been thinking of restricting certain users from entering the Life... forum, much like we do with the Future of Gaming (Prime) forum. So, say from tomorrow onwards, you'll only be able to post in the Life forum if you're a Regular. Whaddya say?

In a way, this is disappointing, because intelligent people can't just come straight in and start chatting about 'clever' stuff (like monkey_man's daily food intake) - people like Light have become integral parts of this forum's success, and he was at it form the word go - but I feel like I've been forced to this position.

Opinions?
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
Excellent. I am looking forward to coming here now more. I enjoy reading posts which actually make me think and I enjoy writting posts about how crap I feel or how good I feel.

:)
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:37
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> my old home used to be the Movies... forum until it got overtaken by
> windowlickers talking about Jackass

I know what you mean, I don’t go in there much anymore. The last time I was in there 4 out of the top 6 topics were about Jackass.
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:36
Regular
i like the term windowlicker - it isn't used enough
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'd be willing to make exceptions for outstanding writers who wish to partake in stimulating and intelligent tittle tattle. It's gonna happen actually, I've decided. I'm rather attached to this forum now, my old home used to be the Movies... forum until it got overtaken by windowlickers talking about Jackass and Fame Academy. Think of it as me setting up a little emotional fort in cyberspace and it's easier to swallow.

Now get orf moi land.
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:24
Regular
> Well, the one problem with the system is that
> newbies/regulars/notables labels do not always refer to the quality of
> the posters (ok, so perhaps the last one does...)

oooh I'm a notable so my posts carry more weight ;o)
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Excellent idea Snuggly.

I feel (as er-no) that this is the only forum I now post into. Everytime I see chat I just feel ill.

Better make it quick! I hear Jats.
Thu 13/03/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
In principle I disagree with the idea, because as snuggly said (with possible sarcasm) some newbies do post intelligent interesting topics.
I would say rather then restricting access to this forum why not create a “Life, The Universe and all that jazz (prime topic)” room. It seems to have worked for the future of gaming room, so perhaps that is worth a pop before you try blocking all newbies.

I do agree that something must be done though.
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:54
"possibly impossible"
Well, the one problem with the system is that newbies/regulars/notables labels do not always refer to the quality of the posters (ok, so perhaps the last one does...) so you may be excluding those posters who have proved themselves in other forums, and likewise including those who have proved themselves to be pains in the axehole.

Perhaps it could start as no newbies and progress given the material posted by those who take part in this forum. So, for instance, if a newbie looks like they have contributed some strong material in Chat, then they would be sent a note saying they could enter Life and conversely, if someone posts crap in the Life forum all the time, they could be banned from Life (for Life?).

But, yeah, whatever everyone else wants, this is a free world after all*

*it isn't really a free world, for many reasons and even those countries that consider themselves free are, in fact, just under the impression that free means the people can decide what they want even though politicians do the opposite anyway...
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Why not make the folk who are newbies yet make a good contribution in here regulars just to ensure they can still post in here.

But in theory I like the idea
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Disable creating topics, but let them post replies...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.