GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life forum regulars - opinion please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 22:07
Regular
Hi people, I've been thinking of restricting certain users from entering the Life... forum, much like we do with the Future of Gaming (Prime) forum. So, say from tomorrow onwards, you'll only be able to post in the Life forum if you're a Regular. Whaddya say?

In a way, this is disappointing, because intelligent people can't just come straight in and start chatting about 'clever' stuff (like monkey_man's daily food intake) - people like Light have become integral parts of this forum's success, and he was at it form the word go - but I feel like I've been forced to this position.

Opinions?
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
u call me a poof?
smash u wiv my fase
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:11
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Goatboy wrote:
> It's not being snobby, god knows I'm the worst for posting endless
> Iraq topics that bore people,

Don't we know it! Only joking. I'd rather read something "boring" than stupidly nonsensical and grammatically inept.
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agree 100%, the movie forum used to rule but then they found the door.
And now with the slightly more articulate, well-versed posters hiding in here the post count rises and that draws them here.

It's not being snobby, god knows I'm the worst for posting endless Iraq topics that bore people, but it would be a shame to see it go the way of movies and turn into "har har i lyke school but the teacher mayke me headangry"
But, as you said, there are "newbies" like Light that consistently post good stuff and it'd be a shame to block 'em.
We all know the usual suspects in here so if exceptions could be made to the "no newbies" rule, then hurrah for intellectual facism.

Er...by that I meant hurrah for the No-Goober policy.
I feel like those 3 in Dawn of The Dead barricading off the shopping mall and living an almost normal existence.
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:03
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well, as I'm a regular it wouldn't matter to me, but it'd be a pity if it stopped people like Light, and Simon Says from getting involved straightaway, I barely post anywhere else apart from the Xbox forum so if I was new to the site I'd take ages to be able to post in here. A lot of people on this forum don't post much anywhere else, but I suppose you have to balance that with new people creating a pile of stupid topics, but then again plenty of regulars in the other forums create stupid topics and spam....
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:02
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Mr Lover Man wrote:
> Nice Idea but it could potentially backfire with Newbies and JAT's
> spamming more to get to a regular status, just to be able to enter the
> Life forum!

Possibly, but endless spamming would only result in getting a newbie banned so would they risk it? Also there are a few decent newbies out there.
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Simon Says wrote:

> Hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes :)

To tell the truth, SS (erm sorry, I just made you sound like a nazi!) :D

Ahem. I'll start again. To tell the truth Simon Says, I haven't seen too many annoying newbies on the "Life" forum. Having said that, maybe the other regulars/notables are getting a bit peeved off with writing a good post and then see a newbie come along and go off on a tangent. Or spout meaningless rubbish.
Fri 14/03/03 at 09:00
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Nice Idea but it could potentially backfire with Newbies and JAT's spamming more to get to a regular status, just to be able to enter the Life forum!
Fri 14/03/03 at 08:58
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
You're nearly a regular, Light. And in all fairness, if you posted a bit more you would be by now. But I like that fact that you only post when you need to instead of being drawn into senseless discussions...

Ah...Mr Snuggly, that's not a bad idea - if newbies want talk rubbish they can do it in FOG (Chat).

*light bulb appears above Unbeliever's head*

I've just had a notion - why not set up a new forum called "Fanboys"? That way, any newbies can enter it and fight like kids as much as they want! (Although I have been known to enter these endless tirades as well :P)
Fri 14/03/03 at 08:53
Regular
"I ush!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> people like Light have become
> integral parts of this forum's success, and he was at it form the word
> go - but I feel like I've been forced to this position.
>
> Opinions?

Probably shouldn't be replying to this post given my status, but I'm wondering why you've been "forced into this position?". I kinda feel like I should know, so I must be missing something.

Hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes :)
Fri 14/03/03 at 08:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ummm....speaking as a newbie, I'd rather you didn't!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.