GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dixons drop Gamecube!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 18:26
Regular
I thought it was a little odd that the price of the Gamecube had slashed to a stupid £99 with free game. It's now been announced that Dixons will no longer stock the Gamecube!! It also looks like Game and PC world (Colchester shops) aren't that interested in Gamecube either if you live in this neck of the woods!!! Please comment on this and if shops around your area are not stocking Gamecube/Games anymore!!!
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Dr Duck wrote:
> GC games. And if they're dropping the cube presumably they won't be
> selling the games either.
>
> No?

Indeed, I agree. What I was saying is that Dixons aren't really an asset to Nintendo- I mean, yeah, they do account for some on the sales, but the good majority are from widely-knows retailers or off of the net.

:)
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:56
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Nomino wrote:
> Why aren't any of you asking the question, "Why have they
> dropped
> it?".
>
> Because a) I knew someone else would ask
> b) I know that no one knows the answer
> and c) I don't care

Whooooo, someones clever!!

a) You were right on that one!
b) No one knows? Not even Dixons? I think you'll find that the answer is low sales my friend. That's all it is - simple business. If something doesn't sell, don't stock it...how hard can it be? It's not like they are pulling out of games completely is it, as they are still stocking the faster selling PS2 and XBox?
c) You must care otherwise you wouldn't have read these posts and replied yourself.
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:58
Regular
I guess once you've bought a cube it doesn't matter if a few small retailers aren't selling games, because you'll just buy elsewhere instead.

But getting you to buy a cube in the first place is more important...
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Hey, wonder if their selling off their stock of games dirt cheap then...

*Runs down town to have a look*

:)
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Nomino wrote:
> c) You must care otherwise you wouldn't have read these posts and
> replied yourself.

I wander over to FOG chat, where I see a post titled "LOL". I read, and it turns out to be a crappy singing tortoise flash. Now, because I read the posts that means I care? Why the hell would I care about a singing tortoise? If I had known previously what it was going to be about, i wouldn't have entered.

See? Entering a topic and reading the posts inside doesn't automatially mean you 'care' about the subject. Monkus.
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dixons don't use the forums and you can only guess at the answer.
And it really doesn't matter to me whether Dixons stock gamecubes or not.
They're not huge game retailers anyway, and all it really means is that now I can get some clearout games on the cheap.
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
Picked up Eternal Darkness from there the other day for £25!
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:04
Regular
Obviously, Microchips and this Gerridatric monkus come from the same breed!! To go into a topic and read it means you must care in some way shape or form. Did I say which way, shape or form? No.

Next please...
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
My friend ~(JBH to be precise)~ picked up three Dreamcast football games for 98p each in Dixons, once they didnt't stock DC games anymore.
I'm hoping for more of the same.
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mild interest and caring are not, and never have been, the same thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.