GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dixons drop Gamecube!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 18:26
Regular
I thought it was a little odd that the price of the Gamecube had slashed to a stupid £99 with free game. It's now been announced that Dixons will no longer stock the Gamecube!! It also looks like Game and PC world (Colchester shops) aren't that interested in Gamecube either if you live in this neck of the woods!!! Please comment on this and if shops around your area are not stocking Gamecube/Games anymore!!!
Wed 12/03/03 at 17:04
"For the horde!!!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Turns out that Dixons may not drop Gamecube after all, apparently
> they're waiting to see what the outcome of this promotion is.

you mean it could be some kind of Publicity stunt?
Wed 12/03/03 at 14:55
Regular
"All about the Beats"
i remember when WHSmith/Dixons etc. dropped the DC, i thought so what, i dont buy from there. Then the DC went out of production :(

I dont really play on my GC much, only to go on Madden.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:32
Regular
Turns out that Dixons may not drop Gamecube after all, apparently they're waiting to see what the outcome of this promotion is.
Wed 12/03/03 at 10:43
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Most of the Gamecube shelf space in my local Dixons is devoted to row after row of pointless third party peripherals.
Wed 12/03/03 at 10:41
"Darkness, always"
If I were someone in Nintendo Europe, I'd turn around to Dixons and say, fine, drop the Cube, but we're not selling you any GBA merchandise either, so you can miss out on the world's best selling handheld.

I really can't see why Dixons would drop the line though, it doesn't take much space to put a few Cube boxes and 15-20 games on a shelf, and most Dixons stores are huge.
Wed 12/03/03 at 10:18
"For the horde!!!!"
Tóm wrote:
>
> By the way, in the original topic it says £99 with a game. Is
> this true, or is it actually £99 for the console only?

yesterday a got a Gamecube + Mario sunshine for £99 from Dixons but if you do buy one don't forget to buy a memory card.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:05
Regular
Suppose there's not really much hope of them getting the new releases in and selling them cheap too.

Unless they ordered stock well in advance and couldn't get out of it.

Seems odd though. In my local Dixons they had one rack of shelves, with cube titles on the top half, all with the full cover facing forward, and a bunch of PS2 titles below, taking up just less than the bottom half of the shelf, with only the spines of the cases showing.
Xbox was being squeezed out by GBA stuff too.

Kind of like the Anti-Game...
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:40
Regular
Oh well we'll see what Dixons do in the future...

Why pi£$ off Nintendo when the GBA is about to smash the world.
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I really can't see them dropping the gamecube in every single store. Especially when the Gamecube stand has almost always got a few people browsing it at my local store.

Especially if they stop doing it in Currys and PC World. A currys near me has a huge Gamecube section in the middle of the store - I don't know what they could possibly fill this space with...especially seeing as the store is massive, and has spare space already.

But meh. Even if they do drop it, I doubt it'll be long before they decide to stock it again.

Bloomin' dixons. Why do they decide to make it cheap when I have a complete lack of money?

Grrr...
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:44
Regular
Tilt was joking Tom. We never hated Dixons... they will expand the user base of the Gamecube.

This is confirmed information... look at the website... 40 games have become 5.

And you won't get any new Gamecube games for that price as Dixons won't stock them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.