GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/10/06 at 21:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chat about Smackdown
Sat 26/05/07 at 17:04
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
On the money there Cong. TNA, along with ROH reignited my interest in Pro Wrestling a couple of years back, but ever since Russo arrived on the scene, there hasn't been much to shout about(unless you're complaining about yet another terrible gimmick match).
It has been suggested that Russo is only writing 10-20% of the shows, in which case it's just a coincidence that the product has gone into a nose dive since last October. Maybe that dastardly Angle caused it all?
Sat 26/05/07 at 15:54
Regular
"..."
Fígó wrote:
> I really don't get what all the hype is with
> TNA, I like some of wrestling there but the gimmick matches are
> absolute gash. It seems far too set up like 'how can we top
> this? i know we'll do a superplex/backdrop/powerbomb from a
> cage!' and The Dudleys match with them Mexicans was an absolute
> joke.

The TNA hype kinda died the day they re-hired Vince Russo. Prior to that there was excellent wrestling and storylines which largely made sense. Then Vinnie from the Bronx returned and we got a WWE-clone product.
Sat 26/05/07 at 15:11
Regular
WWE could really do with a Kurt Angle right now. They've tried to go back to the 'wrestling' ppv recently but it really doesnt work without the showmen. I really don't get what all the hype is with TNA, I like some of wrestling there but the gimmick matches are absolute gash. It seems far too set up like 'how can we top this? i know we'll do a superplex/backdrop/powerbomb from a cage!' and The Dudleys match with them Mexicans was an absolute joke.
Sat 26/05/07 at 08:14
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Cong Man is absolutely right they thought he might kill himself and they never expected him to sign with TNA. Shame because Angle in TNA is a shadow of Angle in WWE, even his ring entrance, it was great with the 'You Suck' chants and everything.

By the way that Edge/Hornswaggle promo last night was hilarious :)
Fri 25/05/07 at 23:09
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
And for the other side: Kurt claims he was being overworked by Vince to the extent that McMahon wasn't bothered about his health whatsoever. Apparently, Kurt manipulated Vince into releasing him from his contract by pretending that he was suicidal. Hmm.
Fri 25/05/07 at 19:05
Regular
"..."
DoomBaboon1982 wrote:
> What happened to Kurt Angle. I know he moved to TNA but why???.
> Cant imagine the money or fan base is bigger.

There's two sides to that story, depending on which you want to listen to. Kurt was taking a lot of drugs, possibly to mask the pain which his neck was causing him, to the point that WWE officials were actually concerned for his life. He was given his release by the WWE so that he could sort his life out and face up to his demons. WWE never expected kurt to sign for TNA, but Kurt saw the greatly reduced schedule as an excellent way to prolong his career.
Fri 25/05/07 at 14:14
Regular
What happened to Kurt Angle. I know he moved to TNA but why???. Cant imagine the money or fan base is bigger.
Fri 25/05/07 at 13:47
Regular
I hope they change Booker's gimmick when he comes back, its stale and he was wrestling crap too (Not that the gimmick has anything to do with that). I think i've actually fast forward every Booker match since his one with Rey. He's been woefully bad
Thu 24/05/07 at 22:18
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Fígó wrote:
> Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> Can we actually talk about wrestling?
>
> The main event for Smackdown! is a number one contendership for
> the World Heavyweight Championship at ONS fatal four way match
> between Kane, Batista, Mark Henry and Finlay. Unfortunately, I
> found out who won, but it was pretty obvious anyway.
>
> And who's betting on a Kennedy V Edge feud when Kennedy
> returns?
> That should be a gd'n!
>
> Hahaha thats the main event for ONS? I predict low low buyrates.

No, that match is to determine who will face Edge at Judgement Day.

SPOILER

The main event is the winner Batista V Edge in a steel cage match (again, we just had one!), I think.

But yes, until HBK, HHH, 'Taker, Mysterio, Kennedy, Booker and the rest of the cavalry return all the PPV's are going to be rubbish.
Thu 24/05/07 at 14:57
Regular
"Monochromatic"
* May contain spoilers *

I dont like this repeat PPV view thing that they're doing. As if Judgement Day wasnt bad enough without repeating the card in the next PPV. We've already have Undertaker Vs Batista 2 or 3 times, along with Michaels vs Cena, Flair Vs Carlito etc. Now we've got to go through Edge Vs Batista, Cena Vs Khali, Hardys Vs Cade and Murdoch and i'm expecting Flair Vs Carlito again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.