GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US 360 Price point announced."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 13:31
Regular
Taken from GamesIndustry.biz

Price points set in place for next-generation launch; European details awaited

The LA Times has broken news of Microsoft's pricing plans for the Xbox 360 console, revealing that the a basic version of the next-generation system will launch at $299, with a premium version shipping at $399.

According to the paper, the $299 version of the console will not include a hard drive - with the extra $100 for the premium version buying a 20Gb drive as well as a wireless controller, headset, Ethernet cable and wireless television-style remote control.

No exact date for the launch is mentioned in the brief article, which will appear in this morning's edition of the major broadsheet, but has already been published on the newspaper's website.

The print edition of the LA Times won't be on news stands until after this morning's Microsoft announcements at the Game Convention event in Leipzig, so it looks likely that the official announcement will go out there after all - despite yesterday's rumours at the show that suggested that no major news would be forthcoming, since none of the firm's top executives had made the trip to Germany.

Europeans will be watching the announcement carefully for news of the Euro and GBP price points for the console. It seems possible that Microsoft will translate between Euro and USD on an even ratio, giving a 399 Euro price point for the premium model - which probably translates as GBP 299 after VAT is taken into consideration.
- - - - - -

299 for the Premium version isn't too bad I reckon - worth it for the extras you get.

Whaddya think?
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:52
Regular
As for a wireless headset - I'm surprised they haven't utilised Bluetooth - it's a perfect technology for wireless voice transfer.
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Those price points means it SHOULD be £200 and £275 for the premium version, but I bet it ends up just a number for number translation. Not bad, though.
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:50
Regular
Hmmm, I may consider importing this time around. It works out to around £230-250 for the Premium if you grab it from the States...

I'd like to wait for the inevitable price drop, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to restrain myself if the launch lineup is enticing enough.
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:43
Regular
I'll definetly be getting the premium version, but I doubt I'll be getting it at launch.

It's pity they couldn't have devised some kind of wireless headset or at leas**t something a bit more durable than the crappy plas**tic things we have now.

It's also pretty sh*t that the Americans get it so damn cheap.
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:31
Regular
Taken from GamesIndustry.biz

Price points set in place for next-generation launch; European details awaited

The LA Times has broken news of Microsoft's pricing plans for the Xbox 360 console, revealing that the a basic version of the next-generation system will launch at $299, with a premium version shipping at $399.

According to the paper, the $299 version of the console will not include a hard drive - with the extra $100 for the premium version buying a 20Gb drive as well as a wireless controller, headset, Ethernet cable and wireless television-style remote control.

No exact date for the launch is mentioned in the brief article, which will appear in this morning's edition of the major broadsheet, but has already been published on the newspaper's website.

The print edition of the LA Times won't be on news stands until after this morning's Microsoft announcements at the Game Convention event in Leipzig, so it looks likely that the official announcement will go out there after all - despite yesterday's rumours at the show that suggested that no major news would be forthcoming, since none of the firm's top executives had made the trip to Germany.

Europeans will be watching the announcement carefully for news of the Euro and GBP price points for the console. It seems possible that Microsoft will translate between Euro and USD on an even ratio, giving a 399 Euro price point for the premium model - which probably translates as GBP 299 after VAT is taken into consideration.
- - - - - -

299 for the Premium version isn't too bad I reckon - worth it for the extras you get.

Whaddya think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.