GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anime and Ghibli thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/06 at 19:28
Regular
OK. Let's talk. Someone tell me what the latest Ghlibi film is. I have a wad of bills burning a hole in my pocket. ;D
Tue 16/01/07 at 13:30
Regular
Some companies do region free, not all though.

My brother buys a couple of US animes so we've always invested in a multi-regional DVD player.

I got mine with a GAD for £19.99 =) it's the DVD player that you can see here.
Tue 16/01/07 at 16:00
"possibly impossible"
My Evangelion box set is region free.
Fri 26/01/07 at 12:33
Regular
"8==="
Cool, overseas stuff takes AGES sometimes. :D

Got both versions of Ichi today, been watching Aeon Flux too.
Fri 26/01/07 at 16:28
"possibly impossible"
Need to get some time to start catching up on Anime. Now I can watch stuff on the net, it might be easier...
Fri 26/01/07 at 16:36
Regular
"8==="
Aye, I need to do that. Been getting ones I used to have on video that I know are good but I want to avoid the ones that simply feature little girls with ridiculously big eyes for weird little men to get their jollies off of. :D

I think I could just about stand 3x3 Eyes but it was pretty dull. Oh and some of the mech stuff is poor too because there's an over-saturation of mech stuff.
Fri 26/01/07 at 20:01
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Aye, I need to do that. Been getting ones I used to have on video
> that I know are good but I want to avoid the ones that simply
> feature little girls with ridiculously big eyes for weird little
> men to get their jollies off of. :D
>

Elfen lied for the win.
Fri 26/01/07 at 21:48
"possibly impossible"
Hedfix wrote:
> I think I could just about stand 3x3 Eyes but it was pretty
> dull. Oh and some of the mech stuff is poor too because there's
> an over-saturation of mech stuff.

Mainly because Japanese love their mechs. But yeah, that's why I liked Evangelion, it had a different spin on the whole Mech thing.

And what was that other one that was a parody of Eva? The one with the boy that found the alternate universe and had to put on the female mech rider costume because they could only be controlled by girls...
Mon 29/01/07 at 15:42
Regular
"8==="
No idea.

Picked up Bubblegum Crash on the cheap today, I remember hearing Bubblegum Crisis was supposedly a classic so hopefully this follow up is on par too.
Tue 30/01/07 at 09:14
"possibly impossible"
Dual - that was it. Quite funny parody of Evangelion.
Wed 31/01/07 at 10:09
Regular
"8==="
"Anime Showcase"

HMV have a Manga sampler coming out on the 19th of Feb for £3.95 it features the beginning episodes of 3 Manga series:

Noein
Heat Guy J
Otogi Zoshi

It also features a Manga 2007 Show Reel, Manga trailers (inc Tokyo Zombies, Noein and Tactics) and and a 5 minute sneak peek of a Hellboy anime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.