GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Dwarf"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 15:24
Regular
Absolute Class

I bought the first and second series on DVD the other day, and even though Kryten (who has to be my favourite character) only makes a brief appearence in one episode, its just the dogs knackers. I recommend

'Emergency, emergency, there an emergency going on'

'Riots in Japan over the total immersion video game were brought to a halt when rubber nuclear weapons were deployed'

'There all dead dave'
'There all dead dave'
'everybody's dead dave'
'gordon bennett, there all dead dave'

'so you don't want to know about the two supersprint starships tracking us dave''where are they from?' there from the NORWEB federation for your crimes against humanity''NORWEB?''The North West Electricity Board dave, 3million years ago you left 17p in a bank account, now, thanks to compound interest you own 94% of the world wealth''Why NORWEB?''You left a light on in the bathroom, I've got a final demand here for 180 billion pounds, no ones got any money except you and NORWEB'

Hollie has to be my favourite character in these two series, shame he didn't make it to the third onwards.

Anyone else like it.

Anyone know when the Third Series is out on DVD?
Thu 27/02/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Unbeliever wrote:
> My favorourite Red Dwarf episode was "Legions". I've never
> laughed so hard. My fav. character? Rimmer - he's endlessly funny.

Ah :D

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert!

Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

Rimmer: Look, maybe we can reason with it. Open communication channels, Lister. Broadcast on all known frequencies, and in all known languages, including Welsh.

Rimmer: This is acting senior officer Arnold J Rimmer of the Jupiter Mining Corporation transport vehicle Star Bug. Now hear this, 'cos it's only coming once: We surrender, totally and without condition. Thank you for listening. Oh, additional: sorry to take up your valuable time. Sorry. Thank you. Sorry. Bye. Bye. Sorry. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Rimmer: Know this about me: like General George S. Patton, I believe in reincarnation. It is my firm conviction that in all my previous lives I've been a soldier, a bold warrior soul, who tragically in this incarnation has been given the body of an abject coward. So excuse me, gentlemen, while I have a humiliating panic attack under the scanner table.

Rimmer: Legion: may I be frank? It's not often we meet an individual who we feel could improve our already pretty damn fine top-notch team. But in you, we feel we have. In all our travels, we have met precisely thirty-one individuals: three one. And we have never felt moved to invite a single one to join our crew. True, most of them wanted in some way to suck out our brains, or erase us from history altogether. Nevertheless, they still weren't what we would consider The Right Stuff. We feel that you are different. We feel that you, like us, have the courage and the dignity it takes to make it as a Dwarfer.

Legion: Mr Rimmer, I am moved by the eloquence of your invitation, but it is quite impossible for me to leave the confines of the institute.

Rimmer: It was Lister, wasn't it? He put you off.

Kryten: Is there nothing we can do to change your mind?

Legion: Absolutely.

Kryten: Then I'm afraid we must bid you farewell. We have a long journey ahead of us.

Legion: Nonsense. You have no journey at all, my friends. I insist you stay here with me. You will be my honoured guests - from now until the day you die.

Rimmer: (sighs) Thirty-two.

Rimmer: Now, this 3D dimensional sculpture in particular is quite exquisite. Its simplicity, its bold stark lines. Pray, what do you call it?

Legion: The light switch.

Rimmer: The light switch?

Legion: Yes.

Rimmer: I couldn't buy it, then?

Legion: Not really. I need it to turn the lights on and off.

http://www.tvtome.com/RedDwarf/ - all the Red Dwarf info you could ever want :)
Thu 27/02/03 at 18:23
Regular
Rimmer: Go to brown alert!

Kryten: But there is no brown alert

Rimmer: You won't be saying that in a minute!
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:56
"...Unicef pennies.."
Ace Rimmer: "Ready, old chum?"

Duane Dibley: "Just let me check; Thermos, sandwiches, cornplaster, telephone money, dandruff brush, animal footprint chart, and one triple thick condom. Because you never know!"

Gotta love Red Dwarf!
Thu 27/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Rimmer: Go to brown alert!
>
> Kryten: But there is no brown alert
>
> Rimmer: You won't be saying that in a minute!

LoL! :D

Beats the pants off Blackadder though, don't it? :)
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:30
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, they re-did an episode for America, I downloaded some of it from Kazaa (don't know where the rest was) Was pretty terrible. Kryten was in with the original crew. Lister was really tall and REALLY annoying (stereotypical American) Can't remember Rimmer much, was probably crap. Wasn't very funny, especially since a lot of the jokes I saw were lifted from our version anyway (but re-worded and made less funny)
Thu 27/02/03 at 22:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Look out, I'm gonna kill ya.
Fri 28/02/03 at 07:45
Regular
Er...of course...

:)
Fri 28/02/03 at 14:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The wonders of Teletext. Theres a feature on TvPlus about the movie with some quotes from the cast. Page 135 any channel I think, but not BBC.
They say it'll be out Easter 2004.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:46
Regular
Fish!
Today's fish is Trout-ala-creme.
Fish!
Fish!
Fish!
Fish!
Fish!

One of my favourite moments of series one...
Fri 28/02/03 at 21:59
"Wa-wa-west"
Rimmer: Go to yellow alert!
Kryten: Are you sure sir? It will mean changing the bulb.

LOL. I loved that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.