GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Dwarf"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 15:24
Regular
Absolute Class

I bought the first and second series on DVD the other day, and even though Kryten (who has to be my favourite character) only makes a brief appearence in one episode, its just the dogs knackers. I recommend

'Emergency, emergency, there an emergency going on'

'Riots in Japan over the total immersion video game were brought to a halt when rubber nuclear weapons were deployed'

'There all dead dave'
'There all dead dave'
'everybody's dead dave'
'gordon bennett, there all dead dave'

'so you don't want to know about the two supersprint starships tracking us dave''where are they from?' there from the NORWEB federation for your crimes against humanity''NORWEB?''The North West Electricity Board dave, 3million years ago you left 17p in a bank account, now, thanks to compound interest you own 94% of the world wealth''Why NORWEB?''You left a light on in the bathroom, I've got a final demand here for 180 billion pounds, no ones got any money except you and NORWEB'

Hollie has to be my favourite character in these two series, shame he didn't make it to the third onwards.

Anyone else like it.

Anyone know when the Third Series is out on DVD?
Thu 27/02/03 at 07:27
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
TŢhi wrote:
> Im afraid they're not doing a series 9. Not in the near future,
> anyway. The movie (delayed for years) is shooting now and will be out
> in the Summer. It'll be the most expensive UK movie ever!
> It's probably one of my favourite comedies: that and Father Ted,
> Blackadder and Black Books.

Er...Danny John Jules has confirmed himself that they're not filming into April, as Chris Barrie has to wrap production on Tomb Raider 2. So it probably won't be out until the end of the year/early next year, although the fact that it's a British film may bring its release date forward.
Thu 27/02/03 at 07:33
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
As we're talking about series three quotes:

Kryten: Take war. War is a wonderful thing here. In fifty years the Second World War will start - backwards. Millions of people will come to life, Hitler will retreat across Europe, liberate France and Poland, disband the Third Reich and bog off back to Austria!"

Cat: This is a scalpel! I'm supposed to eat my food with this? Something that long ago in history may have performed a certain popular Jewish operation?!

Rimmer: I think we are straying from the most important business at hand, and that is what to call ourselves. My personal favorite, is the Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms, and their Reintegration Into Society. There is one drawback however, the abbreviation is Clitoris.

Lister: Well I say let's get out there and **** it!

Lister: I've got an idea. Why don't we go down to the munitions cabinet, get one of the nuclear warheads, and strap one to my head? I'll nut the smegger into oblivion!

Kryten: We could go back to Dallas, in November 1963, stand on the grassy knoll and shout "Duck!" Rimmer and Lister look at him in amazement

Kryten: Oh, I'm sorry, I must have bypassed my "Good Taste" chip!

Holly: What you gonna do?

Rimmer: I'm going in. I'm going in to rescue him.

Holly: Rescue him?

Rimmer: It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter *******!

Rimmer: Maybe I should talk to him. Maybe he needs a bit of counselling.

Lister: You?!

Rimmer: I used to be in the Samaritans.

Lister: I know. For one morning.

Rimmer: Well, I couldn't take any more.

Lister: I don't blame you. You spoke to five people, and they all committed suicide. I wouldn't mind, but one was a wrong number! He only phoned up for the cricket scores!

Rimmer: Well, it's hardly my fault that everyone chose that morning to throw themselves off buildings! Made the papers, you know. "Lemming Sunday," they called it.

Kryten: You would gamble your safety for a mere android? Is this the human value you call "friendship?"

Lister: Don't give me the Star Trek crap. It's too early in the morning.

Kryten: No silicon heaven? But where do all the calculaters go?

'The Last Day' was a superb episode out of Series 3, probably the best :D

www.tvtome.com - a great site for listings of basically every series out there :)
Thu 27/02/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Bazzman wrote:
> I'm sure they didn't re-film it for the states.. Because on the RED
> DWARF A-Z you see the baldy fella from DS9 saying how much he likes it
> etc.. and plus Red Dwarf wouldn't be Red Dwarf without Craig Charles.

They did try though.

Only a pilot was ever produced though, with Daphne from Frasier as Hollie.

Its on the official website.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:48
"...Unicef pennies.."
Kryten: "They've taken Mr Rimmer. Sir! They've taken Mr Rimmer!"

Cat: "Quick, let's get out of here, before they bring him back!"

-------------------
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:12
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> Kryten: "They've taken Mr Rimmer. Sir! They've taken Mr
> Rimmer!"
>
> Cat: "Quick, let's get out of here, before they bring him
> back!"
>
> -------------------

LOL!
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:19
Regular
Yep, they did do some re-filming for the states - I found an easter egg on the Series 1 DVD which plays some kind of South Park style animation with three blokes talking - I can't remember their names, but they also do the audio commentary on the DVD. They confirm they did some refilming in the states.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:20
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Edgy wrote:
> Yep, they did do some re-filming for the states - I found an easter
> egg on the Series 1 DVD which plays some kind of South Park style
> animation with three blokes talking - I can't remember their names,
> but they also do the audio commentary on the DVD. They confirm they
> did some refilming in the states.

Oh I found the easter egg.. but the tone of their voices bored me so turned it off.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:21
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
My favorourite Red Dwarf episode was "Legions". I've never laughed so hard. My fav. character? Rimmer - he's endlessly funny.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:59
Regular
When rimmer want to start a "leaflet campaign".
You can't beat that kind of humor.

c.b.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:41
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Disaster.

Third Series is out in.......

NOVEMBER.

God I can't wait that long,

I would buy the videos, but they cost more than the DVD's for a series?

Bloomin slow lame reared BBC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.