GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Dwarf"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/02/03 at 15:24
Regular
Absolute Class

I bought the first and second series on DVD the other day, and even though Kryten (who has to be my favourite character) only makes a brief appearence in one episode, its just the dogs knackers. I recommend

'Emergency, emergency, there an emergency going on'

'Riots in Japan over the total immersion video game were brought to a halt when rubber nuclear weapons were deployed'

'There all dead dave'
'There all dead dave'
'everybody's dead dave'
'gordon bennett, there all dead dave'

'so you don't want to know about the two supersprint starships tracking us dave''where are they from?' there from the NORWEB federation for your crimes against humanity''NORWEB?''The North West Electricity Board dave, 3million years ago you left 17p in a bank account, now, thanks to compound interest you own 94% of the world wealth''Why NORWEB?''You left a light on in the bathroom, I've got a final demand here for 180 billion pounds, no ones got any money except you and NORWEB'

Hollie has to be my favourite character in these two series, shame he didn't make it to the third onwards.

Anyone else like it.

Anyone know when the Third Series is out on DVD?
Wed 26/02/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
According to the website www.reddwarf.co.uk, all thats holding up the project is Chris Barrie working on Tomb Raider 2.

According to Robert Llewelyns website (don't have the link, its on the official page), rehearsing of the script has already begun.
Wed 26/02/03 at 10:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm enjoying watching series one on BBC 2 as well as seeing Red Dwarf 3 on Uk Gold as well. I forgot how much I liked, class show, too bad the last series was crap.
Wed 26/02/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh I love Red Dwarf. Series 8 was a bit of a disappointment and so was series 7 after about the third episode where Rimmer left. Having said that though, his leaving episode (especially the opening with Ace against the germans) absolutely ruled! As did the JFK episode.

Rimmer was the best thing about the original Tomb Raider film. Even though his screen time probably totalled around 15 seconds, he was still the funniest part. "Don't you stay up too late." Although I also liked "My ignorance amuses me."

And whatever happened to the Britas Empire. I remember that when I was just a wee lad and I'd love to see it again. I wish they would repeat these things.
Wed 26/02/03 at 21:23
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
P@st@ wrote:
> According to the website www.reddwarf.co.uk, all thats holding up the
> project is Chris Barrie working on Tomb Raider 2.

Well whens the last time the site was updated? Tomb Raider 2 finished filming in September.
Wed 26/02/03 at 23:06
Regular
"That's right!"
You sure filming ended in September? I'm sure it started then...

Anyway, Chris Barrie rules. He *made* Red Dwarf (all the characters were great, but Rimmer was the funniest) and The Britas Empire was godly. Americans don't know what they're missing.

(and, yes, series 7 and 8 were pretty bad, but one of them, the guys who started it, left)
Thu 27/02/03 at 00:09
Regular
America get Red Dwarf on their TV stations too - just because it is British, they don't understand the humour (there aren't any toilets in living rooms, nor are there screams from the virtual-audience when somebody says something nasty to another character).

I'm sure the bloke who plays Holly was on GMTV years and years ago talking about the re-filming of Red Dwarf in the States so that the yankees could understand the humour. Apparently he was the only actor from the original series to make it to the American version if I can remember correctly...
Thu 27/02/03 at 00:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Edgy wrote:
> I'm sure the bloke who plays Holly was on GMTV years and years ago
> talking about the re-filming of Red Dwarf in the States so that the
> yankees could understand the humour. Apparently he was the only actor
> from the original series to make it to the American version if I can
> remember correctly...

They re-filmed an episode with the woman who played Dax on DS9 as Kochanski. It was Kyten (played by canadian Robert Llewenyn) who was the only actor left in it. The show never went past a pilot as the creators couldn't be assed and it didnt to very well.
Thu 27/02/03 at 01:13
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
I'm sure they didn't re-film it for the states.. Because on the RED DWARF A-Z you see the baldy fella from DS9 saying how much he likes it etc.. and plus Red Dwarf wouldn't be Red Dwarf without Craig Charles.
Thu 27/02/03 at 01:40
Regular
This is my kind of topic (although i did post one yesterday but anyway), the us pilot was not very good at all, i have all the episodes on video and have started ripping them from vhs to my computer and have recently got the dvd's, i would say i was a massive fan, i have left it on pause in the lounge as we speak, i also like rimmer as i am (like his family) a 7th day hoppist :) i think the biggest change was the 3rd series as they made krytan a proper character, the makers of it were grant naylor and rob grant, you should read the red dwarf books (i am also reading those again for the umteenth time) and colony by rob grant, I can't wait until the film comes out, im so glad someone started this thread as no one answered in mine :(.

Im obviously a smeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

c.b.
Thu 27/02/03 at 01:41
Regular
dwain dibbly lol still makes me laugh.

The cat was in blade 2 and maid marian on cbbc.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.