GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I hate Everyone"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/02/03 at 17:52
Regular
The Americans are insane. After all, a nation can only be as good as its leader, and we all know who leads America. The American government listens to just one man, no one else is involved in decision making and no one else matters.

The people, ah yes, the people of America are simply blindly following their leader as the German people followed Hitler and they have no thought for anyone but themselves. There are no Americans that oppose this war with Iraq, because, of course, it affects them all personally.

There was no complaint made against Bush during this whole war march in America, no-one supports the other side and anyone who speaks out should be hung, this is the land of the brave after all, and it’s not brave to support the enemy.

Bush himself has single-handedly pushed the world in to war because of his own personal quest, but it’s clear that all America is behind him. I asked 3 Americans what they thought and they were both adamant that they would support Bush. 3 Separate people with the same view, so that proves beyond doubt that America is a brainwashed mass of zombies who are arrogant and rude (one put the phone down without saying goodbye).

And then there’s the French. Not content with speaking English, they make up their own language. And that Chirac, he’s to blame for all of it. Chirac has stood up to America for his own personal reasons. I’ve heard from a friend down the road that he personally has an account to sell weapons to Iraq and is good friends with Saddam himself.

The French people are all arrogant and smell of Garlic. I know this first-hand, because I went to get some wine from France and met a bunch of French people while I was there. All they do is complain about the English and how we invade their country. Well, we should have finished them off like in that Henry V film and made the place ours.

It’s nearly as bad with the Spanish, they steal all our fish and accuse us of being moaning when we complain about it. We pay their wages, all those holidays we take, they should be grateful to us.
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:28
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Goatboy wrote:

> What you have personally done about that? I dont mean posting endless
> topics in which you belittle the opinions of others, I mean what
> direct action have you taken yourself to remedy this situation other
> than watch the news and then have some tea?

And that is the very reason why I have stopped joining in these endless war topics. After the lengthy debate about the firestrike I just felt exactly as you stated.

We can sit here debating these points for hours on end without actually achieving anything, we're not going to change each others ideas and opinions - though it is worthy to debate things at times, but so many of the topics end up with people belittling each other and coming out with the I'm right - you're wrong type statment. And then I find myself getting wound up at my monitor - Gahhh..

Anyway - Bush is the power crazy madman here and Blair is his puppet, Chirac is a typical French wuss and like all frenchman does reek of Garlic (I was in paris at the weekend and yes they are all arrogant and the haze of Garlic is worse than any smog we have experienced here) and as for the Spanish, they are beyond contempt.
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Goatboy wrote:
> And in the end, for all your (and mine/Light/Unknown Kernel etc etc)
> arguments and discussions here, we're just middle-class white kids
> that dont have to get out hands dirty.
> I dont really think anybody has to right to sound so pious about this
> world's troubles in that situation.

Good points, and definitely food for though. The war's going to be interesting tv and little else for many of us. The point is that that was all it was in 1991 for many of those killed on 9/11. If anyone out there has the slightest risk of being responsible for another attack of that kin, then I feel we have to remove them, stop them, and if all else fails, destroy them.

My only argument is that, whilst I'm the one most people seems to accuse of ramming opinions down peoples throats, the majority of you that don't support sorting Saddam out, are happy to continue on. I get whinged at because I don't agree, I'm the one Light tells to shut up simply because I don't follow the line most of you are taking on this.

The forums would be very boring if you want to silence all objection to a majority view, would it not ?

I have an aunty in America, a cousin in the Gulf right now, as well as several other family friends in the forces there. I'm under no illusion about the nature of war, my now departed Grandfather served all through the second world war with the RAF, not the easiest of places to survive, and as I'm sure some of you will know, when the words come from a real person the horror of much of it is far more stark than watching on tv or in a book.

The point ultimately is that every conflict is opposed, and the danger is how can we be sure a conflict is right or wrong, and what if we make the wrong choice, and how will we know until it is too late ?

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Granted, but the level of opposition and support is limited to writing on a forum and that's it.

I may be opposed to a war in the gulf and you may be supportive. But at the end of the day, we're both going to go home and watch it on tv before doing something else.
That's all this "war" is, something in the background for most of us.

The truth is, if any of us cared enough then we'd volunteer for The Red Cross or sign up for the army or try to become an MP and directly affect change.
But you dont, and neither do I. Nor does any of the other main culprits in these dull arguments.

When I speak of Iraq and America and Sept 11th, I don't bother to try and tell anyone why they should or shouldn't do something. I try to explain how I feel about it, offer personal beliefs for why I think the way I do.
Your arguments, whilst they may or may not be valid, never seem to contain your own personal beliefs and why you think the way you do.

That's not a criticism, that's me saying sure you may agree with stopping Saddam, but *why* do you feel that? What is it about these events that make you think the way you do?
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:59
"For the horde!!!!"
Light wrote:
> Dude, I'm MOVING to America soon...will someone record the war for me
> while I'm away? Only I don't think America's coverage of it will be as
> good.

*puts video in VCR*
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:37
"possibly impossible"
Well, I was, perhaps, expecting more of a comment on social sterotyping and how we should not base the thoughts of an entire population on one of their leading members, but I guess I should have known better.

The clue was probably in the last paragraph and the fact that my own wife is Spanish....ho hum.
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And you look like the bloke from Embrace.

Dont forget that.
Fri 21/02/03 at 12:56
Regular
"bWo > You"
Belldandy wrote:
> My only argument is that, whilst I'm the one most people seems to
> accuse of ramming opinions down peoples throats, the majority of you
> that don't support sorting Saddam out, are happy to continue on. I get
> whinged at because I don't agree, I'm the one Light tells to shut up
> simply because I don't follow the line most of you are taking on this.

No, we don't mind at all other ideas, and I like to see things put into another perspective so I can look at them differently myself. What I hate, however, along with many other people, is others only listening to themselves, and that's why the likes of Light tell you to shut up, just so we can put our ideas to you. Being called a moron just because I think something could happen is not really debating, is it?
Fri 21/02/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm anti-war but not pro-Saddam.
That seems to confuse an awful lot of people.

Just because I find the reasons/proof offered for ousting a tyrant that only exists thanks to the USA flimsy, doesn't mean I don't agree with the principle of the reasoning.

CIA and MI5 assist in installing Shah in Iran. Coup by Ayotollah, CIA and MI5 install Hussein in Iraq to prevent hardline Muslim rule from spreading into that area as well.
Now the Ayotollah is ok and we hate Hussein.
It's nothing more than "I dont like you, you cant have any cake" on a global scale.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the only way to settle this is nation's leaders having a fight like proper angry blokes instead of ripping off old Uni lecture notes and sending kids to do your dirty work.

Bush Sr was nothing more than a tool of the Military Block, and his water-head son is a chip off the block.
Hell, Bush didn't even win the elections for chrissakes. He shouldn't even be there.
This entire situation is like giving a weapon to a retard and slapping him before sending him into another classroom
---

And that's that.
Fri 21/02/03 at 13:04
"Darkness, always"
Anti-war but not pro-Saddam.

How do you propose he be removed then? Ask him nicely? Nothing short of force will get him off his high horse.

Unless you have a better idea? No diplomatic solution I can think of will dethrone him.
Fri 21/02/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Leave him be?
Nobody gives a hoot about Mugabe or Algiers or Tibet or El Salvador or The Sudan or N Korea or China abusing civil rights.
What about General Pinochet coming over here for medical treatment? He's killed more than Hussein, yet Thatcher liked him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.