GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Connection?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/02/03 at 15:51
Regular
Basically just curious to what internet connection you have on your pc?
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:16
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Ive got 576kb ADSL
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:16
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
yeh i noticed that! you get 576 kb/s broadband and its too slow for you.
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Taka-Q wrote:
Mine is only 60 KB per sec, and mine connects faster than
> its spose to!

Nope your connects just fine. 576 and 288 are the normal connection rate for ADSL as explained below.

My connection is a 512K ADSL supplied by Pipex. Had it since June 19th last year and get good speeds. Downloads are always 60k/s and uploads are about 31K/s. For £23.48 a month its pretty good value considering how much I use it. Hope BT plan to introduce 1mb and 2mb home ADSL soon as 512K is getting too slow.
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cjh wrote:
> I have a 'Zoom' External ADSL modem ...
>
> The software that comes with it tell me that the kbs data rates are:
>
> 288 transmited.
> 576 received.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes thats the speed ADSL connects at. This is to allow for speed loss due to line, and the actual routing from you to your ISP. You pay for a 512K connection but if you do tests (www.adslguide.org.uk/speedtest) you will see that if your getting 470+ then your line is pretty much going the best it can. You can get up to 480k, this is of course just useful data, so you can get about 512K altogether but some is useless and just needed. You should get 60k/s normally from places, but this again isnt always true as some sites dont have the bandwidth to send at that speed.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Digging!"
cjh wrote:
> That's actually not allowed :).
>
> ... and that's what I do, as it's the only real comission I seem to
> get :)
>
> Banner ad's don't seem to work anymore I don't think.

The Amazon account I use is my Dads, and the accociate thing is in my name, so that means it is allowed!
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Digging!"
Taka-Q wrote:
> Great thing to do is to use it when you by stuff off them. Free 10%
> refund on you own perchases!

Well 5% refunds.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
That's actually not allowed :).

... and that's what I do, as it's the only real comission I seem to get :)

Banner ad's don't seem to work anymore I don't think.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:11
Regular
"Digging!"
Great thing to do is to use it when you by stuff off them. Free 10% refund on you own perchases!
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
So do I :)
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Digging!"
and if you gunna buy anything through amazon, please use the link on my site, it gets me commisions ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.